Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 02/04/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Spurs play today, then Man City home to Liverpool and Brighton home to Brentford before we play this match. Brentford have only lost five games all season. Hopefully Toney plays Brighton and then gets banned so he can't play us. Anyway, by the time this one comes around, we may have had some helpful other results and be in a stronger position.

Miggy doesn't sound good, but I hope Gordon is fit enough for the bench. We've been a bit Jeckyl and Hyde recently, mostly good but with errors that we didn't see earlier in the season creeping in. Another one just yesterday. It's understandable as the pressure cranks up. I hope the crowd are up for it and not nervy as we saw at the Carabao Cup home semi. That seemed to translate onto the pitch. This is not a game we actually need to win. It's only three out of thirty six points available.

I'd put Joelinton back in, play Willock left, and go back to the ol' high press. Their big threat is Rashford in behind, so don't give anyone the freedom of SJP to play him in as happened with remarkable ease between Trent and Nunez in the Liverpool game. Get some defensive solidity back and leave the rest up to the Swedish wonder.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This may be a bit of an emotional one for the family as we're taking my grandad to this one whose 89 now and doesn't get out too much after my grandma died 18 months ago. He started going to games in 1957 after his service in the army ended but hasn't been since 2006ish.

The first video in the OP is the first game he ever took my dad to, paid 6 shilling to get in and stood on the Gallowgate. Felt fitting that his first game in ages was this fixture. 

Hope you all have a class day. Just throwing this in there for the craic. My Granda was similar towards the end of his life, couldn’t afford to go very much but followed the toon relentlessly until the day he died, always talking about it, etc. The last game he and I went to together was when the mackems beat us 0-3 😂One of the many, many things for which I will never forgive Alan Pardew.

Pope

Trippier    Schar      Botman      Burn 

Bruno

Longstaff 

Willock

Murphy                                Joelinton 

Isak

3-0 Isak hatty.

Harder game to predict with the longer break. If it wasn’t for that I’d have a funny feeling that we’d beat these comfortably and I’m never confident predicting a NUFC win. Just hope we don’t lose this 2 game winning momentum because of an International break. It’s a key game to win however we do it.

Would love to see us beat these arrogant twats. But we can't underestimate them - they know how to beat us tbf. We'll have to be at our very best to make it happen. 

A win would really put us in an unbelievable position. HTL... we can do it! 

Loved the spirit shown by the team last couple of matches. The bench was uninspiring against Forest though.  So I am thinking either a satisfying revenge victory, 3-0 will do it, or a ‘look how close we were/are’ message to the piggy-bank smashers. Because win this and we are finishing fourth, with all the profile, class of players and finances that can bring. 

Feels like there’s been a momentum shift, crowd needs to play their part making it feel like Arsenal at home last season. That was one of the few games I knew we were going to win from the first kick. 

There players will have the fire in their belly. I always find we come back from these warm weather camps absolutely on it. 

10 hours ago, Froggy said:

Think Premier League GIF by Manchester United

Not quite sure what you are implying with that gif but I will stick my neck out here and predict a huge Toon win.  I will be on here afterwards, I hope you are.

18 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Feels like there’s been a momentum shift, crowd needs to play their part making it feel like Arsenal at home last season. That was one of the few games I knew we were going to win from the first kick. 

There players will have the fire in their belly. I always find we come back from these warm weather camps absolutely on it. 

Yes, no nervy crowd please. This game must be about what we can win, not what we may lose. Fulham were set up to beat a very strong Man U team at OT yesterday, but lost on a catastrophic error, the kind of thing that can happen to anyone but is especially common for panicky teams lacking self-belief.

With Spurs drawing from two goals ahead, that's the first piece falling into place. Setbacks for Liverpool and Brighton in their games mentioned above would also help a lot.