Scott McTominay

Jack27

Can understand Man Utd wanting him off the books, but even Froggy has said he isn't good enough for a CL team (the other Man Utd fan disappeared sharply after his lies about McTominay were exposed in the game at SJP). I think he will end up at West Ham or somewhere on that level, which will be a decent move for all parties. We make too much of Howe getting the best out of poor players as though we always have to sign poor players. Those poor players he's getting the best out of are a hangover from the Ashley era which is dying piece by piece. Give Howe some great players and let him work his wonders on them.

Edited by Skeletor

25 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s played 23 PL games this season and 37 this season in total. Bit more than a fringe player, I’d have thought? Suggests he’d go for more than the fictitious £20m quoted also. 

Eriksen missed 3 months due to injury and Casemiro missed 8 games due to suspension. That will have increased his game time. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Eriksen missed 3 months due to injury and Casemiro missed 8 games due to suspension. That will have increased his game time. 

You’ll need him for the locally trained CL registration rules though? Need 4 locally trained and 4 association trained in a 25 man squad I think? 

(I hope)

32 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Can understand Man Utd wanting him off the books, but even Froggy has said he isn't good enough for a CL team (the other Man Utd fan disappeared sharply after his lies about McTominay were exposed in the game at SJP). I think he will end up at West Ham or somewhere on that level, which will be a decent move for all parties. We make too much of Howe getting the best out of poor players as though we always have to sign poor players. Those poor players he's getting the best out of are a hangover from the Ashley era which is dying piece by piece. Give Howe some great players and let him work his wonders on them.

Is that supposed to be me?

If so, what "lies" are you referring to?

I only disappeared because I'm busy.

But yeah, of course he is EPL class. He's played over 200 times for Manchester United.

Edited by TheDarkKnight

33 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s played 23 PL games this season and 37 this season in total. Bit more than a fringe player, I’d have thought? Suggests he’d go for more than the fictitious £20m quoted also. 

Ta - didn't realise he'd played that much, though may be partly due to injuries elsewhere as Froggy suggests. I guess fringe was a bad choice of words by me - but if the noises are right, he does seem disposable.

6 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Ta - didn't realise he'd played that much, though may be partly due to injuries elsewhere as Froggy suggests. I guess fringe was a bad choice of words by me - but if the noises are right, he does seem disposable.

They can’t wait to get shut of him. 

At the moment, the only people who want McTominay to leave Manchester United is the Manchester United fans. There's been nothing to suggest that ten Hag wants him to leave.  

It's a nuanced one.  

Football fans don't always know what's best. Manchester United fans wanted Pogba back.

They got their wish.

Then it was a case of "be careful what you wish for".  

They then wanted Jadon Sancho. Once again, a case of "being careful what you wish for", as he's been underwhelming and they now, unanimously, want him to leave.  

Even ten Hag is facing questions about his judgment.

Buying Antony for £80m is bizarre and Casemiro is going to cause him more problems than offer him solutions.  

Scott McTominay is definitely an EPL quality player. His problem is that for pretty much all of his 200 matches for Manchester United, he's been playing in a double-pivot.  

That doesn't suit him.  

His main attributes are driving forward with the ball and shooting. He should be playing closer to the opposition box than his own.  

But yes, we'll see in pre-season what becomes of McTominay.  

Another evidence that fans don't always know what's best:

Norwich fans gave Billy Gilmour pelters.

They thought he wasn't good enough for them. Now he's won over one of the best managers in the world (De Zerbi) and has now firmly established himself as a first team player. And the Brighton fans adore him.

49 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

But yeah, of course he is EPL class. He's played over 200 times for Manchester United.

EPL class isn't enough for us anymore. We need CL class now.

And anyway, loads of players make lots of appearances for clubs despite not being good enough. Shola Ameobi played nearly 400 times for us and was consistently terrible, he was almost never good enough for us even when we were awful.

Looking online, most Man U fans seem to think McTominay's shit and want rid of him, and are begging us to give them £30m+ to take him off their hands. That tells me everything I need to know.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

If Howe actually does want him then he clearly doesn't think he is a poor player, and so doesn't agree with you analysts, unfortunately for you.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Looking online, most Man U fans seem to think McTominay's shit and want rid of him, and are begging us to give them £30m+ to take him off their hands. That tells me everything I need to know.

In fairness, the Manchester United fans are the biggest self-loathing fans in the world.

On redcafe, they have a performance threads for all of the squad members. It's just threads of United fans bitching and whingeing.

If you look deeply enough, you'll find Manchester United fans wanting to sell Rashford.

It wasn't that long ago that the Manchester United were comparing McTominay to Keane. They're a fickle bunch.

As a Scotland and Manchester United fan, I want McTominay to stay at Manchester United and either play as a number 10 or even as a number 9.

In midfield, he would be best utilised as a marauding box-to-box number 8.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If Howe actually does want him then he clearly doesn't think he is a poor player, and so doesn't agree with you analysts, unfortunately for you.

It's true.

It's amazing how many UEFA qualified coaches are on football posting boards.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Playing McTominay as a 9 is basically giving up as a club, I hope it happens

As opposed to a Burnley loanee, Weghorst?

McTominay spent a big chunk of his youth career playing as a striker.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

It's true.

It's amazing how many UEFA qualified coaches are on football posting boards.

I find comments like this to be completely illogical

If you want to disregard the opinion of someone that doesn't rate a player because they aren't UEFA qualified coaches then equally you should stop sharing yours, unless of course you are a UEFA qualified coach?

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

As opposed to a Burnley loanee, Weghorst?

McTominay spent a big chunk of his youth career playing as a striker.

Weghorst is at least a striker, not a very good one I admit

I would love it to happen because McTominay will never be a decent striker 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Uefa pro license in Mcsauce this lad. 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I find comments like this to be completely illogical

If you want to disregard the opinion of someone that doesn't rate a player because they aren't UEFA qualified coaches then equally you should stop sharing yours, unless of course you are a UEFA qualified coach?

No. I'm disregarding people's opinions who are disrespecting a manager who had just brought European Cup football to Newcastle.

If Eddie Howe buys him (and it's a big if) then you have to respect his decision.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

No. I watched McTominay a few times at youth level. He was good.

And you'd know this, because?

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

No. I'm disregarding people's opinions who are disrespecting a manager who had just brought European Cup football to Newcastle.

If Eddie Howe buys him (and it's a big if) then you have to respect his decision.

Nobody is disrespecting Eddie Howe man, that's nonsense

People don't rate McTominay, that's completely understandable

Otherwise using your logic, a guy that brought CL back to Man-U and ended their trophy drought would be willing to sell him, are you disrespecting him? 

You can defend McTominay without resorting to childish arguments