West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 05/04/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My only real concern is that we're knackered after Sunday. That's the only thing this season that's really let us down, the commitment to win is always there. 

Given how defensive West Ham are my fear is that ASM won't be as effective.

Curious to see if we rotate a few at all tonight or go with the same group if all are fit. I’d personally keep the same team and bring in the same subs earlier if needed. Fucking can’t wait man. Come on!!

31 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My only real concern is that we're knackered after Sunday. That's the only thing this season that's really let us down, the commitment to win is always there. 

Don't worry!

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

How dodgy do you think it would be to go in the West Ham end for this?  

I've done it a couple of times there and been fine as long as you don't celebrate. They're a pretty placid crowd 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I've done it a couple of times there and been fine as long as you don't celebrate. They're a pretty placid crowd 

I’m really tempted.  Tickets are available on their site through their exchange scheme.  I’ve sat in a couple away grounds and not had issues as I’ve not acted a dick.  It’s always a bit concerning ordering a beer though! 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Am encouraged by their having won on Sunday too. Less desperate.

It'll be close.  A win would be a bonus. Just feels like a lot to ask to keep the wins going and when you see the efforts in previous games.

So much more comfortable with home games.

Wasn't it this fixture that Henri Saivet randomly played after being out in the cold for the previous 3 years? Then proceeded to give away the ball which led to a West Ham goal inside the first 5 minutes, but followed it up by scoring a free kick 2 minutes later? :lol:

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Wasn't it this fixture that Henri Saivet randomly played after being out in the cold for the previous 3 years? Then proceeded to give away the ball which led to a West Ham goal inside the first 5 minutes, but followed it up by scoring a free kick 2 minutes later? :lol:

Was just talking to my son about this very thing....  Yes it 100% was.

Such a random fact, I had even forgotten about him being a Newcastle player until now and then to hear / read his name twice inside an hour is bizarre.

Fuck me, the team that day :lol:

NUFC: Elliot; Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Manquillo; Diame, Saivet, Atsu, Ritchie; Gayle; Joselu.

Subs: Darlow, Mbemba, Dummett, Aarons, Haidara, Murphy, Perez

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Fuck me, the team that day :lol:

NUFC: Elliot; Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Manquillo; Diame, Saivet, Atsu, Ritchie; Gayle; Joselu.

Subs: Darlow, Mbemba, Dummett, Aarons, Haidara, Murphy, Perez

Knowing that it was Rafa managing makes all the difference to your perception of that team I think. I also can't remember whether that was during Diame's Amdy Faye phase or his peak Patrick Vieira phase. 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

EH doesn't believe in rotation.

I'd say he doesn't believe in rotation for rotations sake. He will absolutely pull people out if there is even a hint of injury though. Which is why I think Willock may drop to the bench and Joelinton starts tonight. 

14 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'd say he doesn't believe in rotation for rotations sake. He will absolutely pull people out if there is even a hint of injury though. Which is why I think Willock may drop to the bench and Joelinton starts tonight. 

Aye, can see that as well. 

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Knowing that it was Rafa managing makes all the difference to your perception of that team I think. I also can't remember whether that was during Diame's Amdy Faye phase or his peak Patrick Vieira phase. 

Vieira phase. It was after Lascelles chinned him and and he chinned him in early October.

14 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

That's not rotation.

Rafa was a rotation man. You could win, be match fit, played well.... then sit on the bench next game - rotated. Simple. Likewise Klopp is one to manage minutes carefully but he only does it when approaching "the red zone". Pep too.

EH will have to become a rotation man when we're in the CL next season.