Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 08/04/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I'd like to see burn rested. It would be good for Anderson to play some part, same with Gordon. 

a win would be great but I feel a few changes and a draw wouldnt be terrible. (Although I thought we'd struggle last night :yao: )

Won’t happen, due to his lack of minutes and Howe always keeping the same back 5 when he can. But would like Targett in for Burn soon. 

Willock and Isak to come back in. But can’t drop Joelinton. Would be harsh on ASM and Wilson, too. Longstaff to get a rest? 

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Finally a game at 3pm on a Saturday and one not on tv. Must be the first time in about 20 games.

Genuinely looking forward to having final score on in the background while doing stuff, sick of the tv games!

I have come into these threads every match so far in this run and said stuff like 'bad feeling' 'banana skin' etc etc and every time the lads blow away my pessimism. So in not wanting to jinx anything I will again say... worried about this one, one of the toughest away days in the league at the moment, then at Villa next weekend, which you could say the exact same about. Feel like we'll know if top 4 is going to happen after these next 3 games (Brentford & Villa away, Spurs home). 

For this one going to predict a lively 2-2. Think it will be a cracking game for neutrals. Imagine Isak comes in for Wilson. Maybe a couple other changes, perhaps Gordon for Muprhy, maybe Willock for Longstaff.

Brentford at home                    Newcastle away

P14 W7-D6-L1                           P14 W6-D6-L2

Brentford last five                     Newcastle last five

Man United 1-0 Brentford         Man City 2-0 Newcastle

Brighton 3-3 Brentford              Newcastle 2-1 Wolves

Brentford 1-1 Leicester              Forest 1-2 Newcastle

Southampton 0-2 Brentford      Newcastle 2-0 Man United

Everton 1-0 Brentford                West Ham 1-5 Newcastle

Brentford v top half at home     Newcastle v top half away

P6 W4-D1-L1                              P7 W2-D3-L2

Some dilemma for Howe with the two players he brought into the team to rest others scoring twice. I have no idea what midfield three I'd pick. Maybe give Longstaff a rest? None of last nights from three deserve to be dropped but you cant be leaving Isak out really.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

Would like to see this:

Pope

Trippier  Schar  Botman   Burn

Willock   Bruno   Joelinton

Gordon                              ASM

Isak

Longstaff has been really good, but every other midfielder has had some sort of rest lately, so feel he would benefit from it, and Bentford are an athletic side themselves, so having extra legs in the middle will be helpful. 

Gordon over Murphy, mainly as I want to see the former given a run in the side, nothing against the later.

I think we'll see                  

Pope

Trippier   Schar Botman Targett

Longstaff Bruno  Willock

Gordon          Isak         Joelinton

Possibly Lascelles for Schar.

Edited by Sima