Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 08/04/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Wilsons scored 3 in his last 2 apps. Definitely think there's some sense in him starting (if he does) 

Isak had scored 3 in his last 3 going into the West Ham game, and had been our best player in the last month.

Wilson only started to give Isak a rest, Isak is our best striker and is in better form than Wilson so I don't see any reason not to play him.

Edited by Alberto2005

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Isak had scored 3 in his last 3 going into the West Ham again, and had been out best player in the last month.

Wilson only started to give Isak a rest, Isak is our best striker and is in better form than Wilson so I don't see why any reason not to play him.

I'm not saying there isn't an argument for Isak starting. What I'm arguing against is that there's zero sense in starting Wilson. 

Injuries aside I don’t see Howe changing the team, Willock, Isak and Gordon are great players to bring on after the hour mark for that extra energy. Obviously I’m looking from the outside in but I still think Howe sees Wilson as his starting senior striker.

3 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Injuries aside I don’t see Howe changing the team, Willock, Isak and Gordon are great players to bring on after the hour mark for that extra energy. Obviously I’m looking from the outside in but I still think Howe sees Wilson as his starting senior striker.

I really hope he doesn’t see it like that. Preferring one for such a simplistic reason would be weird IMO. 

That said, Wilson has responded superbly recently and you couldn’t really argue with either decision. 

13 hours ago, Decky said:

If we win this I’m fully on board the top 4 bus with both feet. 

Still have Villa, Arsenal, Spurs, to play, Chelsea and Leeds could be tough too.

Edited by Rafalove

Before Wilson's dip became serious I was really keen to see him start with Isak in a more withdrawn attacking role, probably in a sort of 4-4-1-1 / 4-2-3-1 hybrid. Would still love to, though I don't see it happening against Brentford. 

Pope

Trippier   Schar     Botman     Burn

Bruno    Willstaff

Gordon           Isak           Joelinton

Wilson

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Everyone’s favourite referee, Steve Martin, has been named as fourth official for this one.  That Forest away game in the promotion sticks in my mind pretty much as much as any game that year - let’s just hope we’re not relying on VAR

[emoji38] that’s a canny football grudge, mate.