Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 08/04/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Shame Tony isn't out, would feel very comfortable about calling a win. 

Not sure Brentford played that well against manure, hope our performance and theirs is where we're at for this game.

1-2 or 1-1

Just feels like we are on an unstoppable train at the moment.

Rate Brentford as a side but you have to feel that we will have too much for them, provided we defend well from set pieces.

I think 3pm Saturday is perfect for this game. Would be tricky as a 5.30 kick off, their crowd seems to get up for them.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Rate Brentford as a side but you have to feel that we will have too much for them, provided we defend well from set pieces.

I think 3pm Saturday is perfect for this game. Would be tricky as a 5.30 kick off, their crowd seems to get up for them.

IMG_8574.jpeg.f862bb4a58eafcdc7b9c7a9bae1dddef.jpeg

1 hour ago, STM said:

Once again, the bookies agree.

I think this will be another hard match. Brentford’s midfield 3 are all good players and Toney and Mbeumo will cause anyone problems.

I think at times vs West Ham we struggled a little defensively vs their physical style and Brentford are more physical. 

Saying that when they played us at SJP they were very open and they don’t have a Declan Rice to cover our pacy attacks so we can definitely cause them all sorts of problems. 

First goal is huge because if they have to press up we can get pick them apart but they could also sit back and counter us well.

Fingers crossed it goes our way and we keep our run going 

Going to be a tough match. Brentford are strong at home. Dangerous on set pieces and Toney is class. Big fan of Rico Henry aswell, underrated player.

The fact Isak and Wilson are scoring and hungry feels huge though. We have been creating chances most of the season but 11 goals in last 4 games is very encouraging.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Our second goal is pretty much the exact same as our third versus West Ham with the same two involved

Similar game to be fair. We didn’t need to play ‘that’ well to smash them. Fantastic sign going forward as that was in the early days of that magic October/November.

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Are we ruling out any possibility of Everton doing us a favour in the early kick off? 

Away at Man U? I can’t see it unfortunately