Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I dont think Ill ever forgive them for the pointless bollocks.

Yup, never got it. Was just OTT weird bullshit. Very small time Mackemesque shite.

It's a tough game but we have no reason to fear anyone anymore. We are in exceptional form, we're scoring goals again, and although we're not as impenetrable as before we're still by far and away the best defence in the league.

7 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Don't their fans hate us for some reason? Remember a few seasons back they went all weird.

Similar to Everton now. Us and Villa have been humbled by relegation and it's maybe softened things now. No such humility from Everton yet, and it probably won't happen until they go down. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Said I'd have snapped your hand off for 5 points from these 3 games, so anything's a bonus. Will be the most difficult of the 3 I think.

I thought Brentford opr Man United would be the most difficult but I think a point is a good result.  I'd love to beat them because of their fans and also him turning us down and now being 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Similar to Everton now. Us and Villa have been humbled by relegation and it's maybe softened things now. No such humility from Everton yet, and it probably won't happen until they go down. 

In my own personal experience the Everton thing is just an online thing. One of my best mates from my undergrad uni is an Everton ST holder and he's never had anything bad to say about NUFC or Geordies, be meeting up with him on the 27th before when we play them. Don't mind them as a result and I like Dyche tbh.

On top of me thinking its just an online thing, if I based my opinions on football clubs because of what their fans are like online I'd fucking despise everyone. And us most of all. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Mate i probably talk about football the most is an Everton fan so never really bought into the wild hatred. He's so depressed I have tbh been rooting for them to stay up, even if it is all quite funny and how they are run...sweet jesus

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

In my own personal experience the Everton thing is just an online thing. One of my best mates from my undergrad uni is an Everton ST holder and he's never had anything bad to say about NUFC or Geordies, be meeting up with him on the 27th before when we play them. Don't mind them as a result and I like Dyche tbh.

On top of me thinking its just an online thing, if I based my opinions on football clubs because of what their fans are liked online I'd fucking despise everyone. And us most of all. :lol:

I agree, it was similar with my grandad who supported both Liverpool clubs weirdly.

I think the Villa thing was mainly online and in a minority as well tbh.

I'd genuinely like a truce with Villa fans. Always seen them as a big/historic club. Give me a Villa over a Chelsea or Spurs every day of the week.

If they want to help us topple the cartel, fantastic. Obviously we want to smash them next week though.

A spell on Grand Old Team is enough to turn even the most placid Newcastle fan against the Toffees. They've a really weird hatred for us on there; it's absolutely bizarre given the complete lack of meaningful rivalry between the two clubs. 

I mean the Villa thing definitely isn't just online like, they had their bedsheets and the whole stadium celebrating us getting relegated.

Fair bit of trouble there after the game in the championship season I think it was too

In all honesty this is on par our toughest game left. This and Arsenal.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw and an advantage over Spurs going into the Spurs game.

We need to be better than we have been to get a result against Villa.

Hope Villa get a thrashing, but expect a v tough game.

I hope Villa don’t get Europe as if they hadn’t had gerrard at the start they’d be right in the mix - better they fall short and struggle to bring in players

Villa fans dislike of Newcastle shows that despite all their big talk they have a small club mentality.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A spell on Grand Old Team is enough to turn even the most placid Newcastle fan against the Toffees. They've a really weird hatred for us on there; it's absolutely bizarre given the complete lack of meaningful rivalry between the two clubs. 

There's a dislike of Everton that I don't really understand on here as well tbh. And another mutual one on Twitter. Decided ages ago that forums and Twitter aren't the best barometers to use to gauge what fans of different clubs are like. From my own experience anyway.