Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Yup, never got it. Was just OTT weird bullshit. Very small time Mackemesque shite.

Was totally out the blue and completely unnecessary :lol: Ive tried since to remind myself it wasnt all Villa fans and mob mentality and all that, if something is started by a few others will join in. Ive always quite liked Villa too and every brummie I've met has been proper sound, but it still eaves a sour taste. Very definition of jaguarfan.gif

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Was totally out the blue and completely unnecessary :lol: Ive tried since to remind myself it wasnt all Villa fans and mob mentality and all that, if something is started by a few others will join in. Ive always quite liked Villa too and every brummie I've met has been proper sound, but it still eaves a sour taste. Very definition of jaguarfan.gif

I signed up to one their main forum when they sacked a manager, and was banned in one post for asking 'Who's your messiah, Jasper Carrot?' :lol:

Can't take it either, awful set of fans.

50 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Need to win purely to wind up that bitter prick on @VillaWatch 

Absolutely sea of anti-NUFC on his page

I don’t think for one minute that the person behind the account is a Villa fan. 

Tbf that little pocket of them to the right of the away end at Villa Park is full of cretins. I know you get them at every ground but they’re particularly embarrassing there. 

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Tbf that little pocket of them to the right of the away end at Villa Park is full of cretins. I know you get them at every ground but they’re particularly embarrassing there. 

Aye, like a scene from The Hills have eyes or something the fucking gargoyles.

That said I've got a few mates that are Villa fans and as a fanbase they're generally OK if you bump into any in a pub in Birmingham so I bare no real malice towards Villa.

Still hope we spank them next week, but like others have said I'd be happy with a point.

Villa fans were hardy acting in isolation. That’s why I never understood this idea that our takeover made us into an unpopular club, as though before 2021 there had been some nationwide soft spot for Newcastle. There was absolute hatred for us that entire season, seemingly everybody was chuffed when we went down. I remember calling out some cunt on the WSC board- where one might expect something a bit more level headed- for spouting Tory bollocks about thick, fat Geordies. It genuinely seemed to go beyond football at times. 

12 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

This bunch of Tories have absolutely no redeeming features. Fuck them. Hope we hammer them into oblivion and their season nose dives.

Are they Tory-heavy? Very happy to add more reasons for disliking them

We’ve had our own back a times over the years. I’ve always thought of these lot as “meh” apart from a few years after our relegation. Time to forget about any petty rivalry we had with these and just think about three points.

Edited by Rafalove

33 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Villa fans were hardy acting in isolation. That’s why I never understood this idea that our takeover made us into an unpopular club, as though before 2021 there had been some nationwide soft spot for Newcastle. There was absolute hatred for us that entire season, seemingly everybody was chuffed when we went down. I remember calling out some cunt on the WSC board- where one might expect something a bit more level headed- for spouting Tory bollocks about thick, fat Geordies. It genuinely seemed to go beyond football at times. 

Always makes me laugh seeing people say how much they liked us before the takeover. Aye they liked us because we were a laughing stock. 

The amount of jealousy towards us is funny as fuck. You read the comments of a video of our fans and you have thick cunts falling over themselves to bring up attendances from 1987 to prove we weren’t behind the club before we got bought. :lol: 

sticking my head above the parapet here.....

this is gonna be a huge test of where we are at the mo.  granted our recent run has been against teams in the bottom half, but i think our upturn goes further back then this run.  games like the man utd one (emery first game), spurs and brighton away - we would have lost these games in previous times but emery's coaching has been a breath of fresh air - but we are a work in progress and there will be bumps in the road/shit performances to come - this is a squad he has inherited but has managed to lift us up the table.

now for the elephant in the room......the game at VP with the signs that season......,i was there that day, its not my cup of tea to do that sort of thing, although admittedly I didn't really pay much attention to it.  having been to games where people sing about players familys/children dying/getting ill - i just thought it was a cheap dig and thought no more of it.  since then it has created some bad blood between both our fans.  ive met top newcastle fans, ive met some complete tubes who are newcastle fans, same with villa, some im ashamed to have following the same club as me.

ive always liked newcastle - growing up as a teenager in the 90s, ill always remember willing you on when u challenged fergie.  asprilla, albert, ginola, ferdinand - great memories.

ill be at the game nxt wknd, gonna be a hard game and I would put you guys as favourites.

Edited by Paz

I'm a bit more confident going into this compared to the Brentford game. A good week's rest, players fresh mentally and physically, and a week's worth of training and preparing, we should start much better than we did today.

Villa seem to be in form and I'm sure their fans will be up for it. Just need to contain their early attacks and then get into our rythm.

2 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Always makes me laugh seeing people say how much they liked us before the takeover. Aye they liked us because we were a laughing stock. 

The amount of jealousy towards us is funny as fuck. You read the comments of a video of our fans and you have thick cunts falling over themselves to bring up attendances from 1987 to prove we weren’t behind the club before we got bought. :lol: 

Its like this idea we've 'lost our soul' - what from the Ashley era!?!? - Would have a case if they'd taken over from Hall/Shepherd but it wasn't possible to be more souless than what we were under Ashley.

Villa are one of the clubs whose attendances from the same era, more often and since. 22,000 when top of the league in 1990 always stands out but many 15-19s too, in the top-flight, not the lower reaches of the 2nd division.

Its because they're not heralded enough contemporarily to warrant it. Flattering really.

Its all there for every club outside Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool and you don't have to go that far back for any of the others.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Our Achilles heel seems to be defending against pace. Villa have plenty of it, especially with Watkins in form.

I think this will be a high scoring game. I'd probably like to see us start with the team we had 2nd half today if ASM and Almiron are still injured. 

Be interesting to see what sort of team we send out for this, especially if ASM is out.

I know Eddie doesn't like to change a winning team but we got badly outplayed until there were major changes at HT so I would imagine he'll not start the same 11 again?

Wonder if he'll be tempted to start Isak and Wilson together if Maxi is out. Would ask them a lot more questions than our Joelinton and Murphy on the wings plan of attack today.