Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Villa are very similar to us in a way that they are seeing the effects of going from a donkey who’s praised up in the media by their mates to a competent and tactically astute coach.

Hopefully Kamara doesn’t recover for this game, as I think he’s a cracking player who I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t get here. When him and Luiz are together as a double pivot  it gives them a great base to build from and makes them hard to beat.

Also hope Bailey is out as he gives them some real pace which could cause us a lot of problems. They still have a lot of athletes like Watkins and Ramsey and this will be a physical test more in terms of speed and stamina as opposed to the last couple which were more size and strength.

With a full week of training to prepare despite thinking they are a good well coached side I think we can beat these as I’d take Bruno and Isak over anything they have and I hope that quality can make a difference for us. 

Bit of a shame the animosity between sections of the fans since they got the sheets out. It was one of my fave away days, went 4 or 5 years off the trot in the 90s, even ended up in their version of The Strawberry at one point with a Villa fan we'd met in a pub after he'd been booking his trip for their uefa cup tie in Deportivo.

Looking at their xG after 1st of January (just a random date and giving Emery some time to work with the squad) and they've been massively lucky during their run. Actual goals scored 24 with an xG of 18.7, actual goals against 15 with an xGA of 21.1.

We've beaten way better teams this season, they are nothing to be scared about. 

Edited by Pata

Think the early kick off will benefit us as their crowd would be up after a good run with the Tories being in power and their dislike of us. Lunchtime always decreases that a bit regardless of fixture.

You’d imagine Man Utd and Spurs will win next week so it’s arguable it’s making it an even more pressured game for us. 

First goal will be absolutely vital. 

feeblecunt.thumb.jpg.f8f787ccd7b9f7d1da9d327d0b32478c.jpg

Thicker than Gabby Agbonlahor's first shit of the day.

Urine empty and the ascot chalet athletic team have allowed 5 wins against relegation contenders (2 of which went down to 10 after reds), a draw away against the indomitable west 'am and a win against a chelsea side that couldn't score if they were the owner of a cheesy chip & blue drink outlet situated beside a nymphomaniac treatment centre in pennywell.....tells me they've somewhat lost their perspective in all the giddy excitement that follows beating a small series of sky bet hopefuls.

Not to worry, ultimately these dweebs will be reminded their place in the food chain as a light luncheon for their Michelin star gourmet visitors.

1-3 Toon.

I thought us vs Villa would be a season-long battle for 7th - didn't account for how good we'd be or the Gerrard effect but they're starting to look like the team I thought they'd be.

Big game for both teams, they have to prove they're the real deal and not just flat-track bullies. A draw wouldn't be a bad result but a top-four team should be looking to win this game.

Hopefully, Wor Eddie will see this a must-win game to show the bosses who was the superior candidate to manage Newcastle. Just kidding - Eddie sees every game as a must-win lol.

5 hours ago, Hank Marvin said:

feeblecunt.thumb.jpg.f8f787ccd7b9f7d1da9d327d0b32478c.jpg

Thicker than Gabby Agbonlahor's first shit of the day.

Urine empty and the ascot chalet athletic team have allowed 5 wins against relegation contenders (2 of which went down to 10 after reds), a draw away against the indomitable west 'am and a win against a chelsea side that couldn't score if they were the owner of a cheesy chip & blue drink outlet situated beside a nymphomaniac treatment centre in pennywell.....tells me they've somewhat lost their perspective in all the giddy excitement that follows beating a small series of sky bet hopefuls.

Not to worry, ultimately these dweebs will be reminded their place in the food chain as a light luncheon for their Michelin star gourmet visitors.

1-3 Toon.

It’s funny reading how shite our players have, and in the next breath how money has led to our success. Someone posted a link to that Brentford forum yesterday and I read the match thread. One poster saying man for man they’re better and then soon after someone saying how they can’t compete with us due to our spending. :lol: 

On 08/04/2023 at 19:33, HaydnNUFC said:

There's a dislike of Everton that I don't really understand on here as well tbh. And another mutual one on Twitter. Decided ages ago that forums and Twitter aren't the best barometers to use to gauge what fans of different clubs are like. From my own experience anyway.

I think it's because they became friends with the mackems and revelled in our downfall in the past. There fans do seem like numpties for the most part as well. 

I'd happily take a point right now. I think this could well be the most difficult fixture left to play. Get a point here then it's 5 from 8 at home where I fancy us in every match. 

Our tails are up and I reckon we will fancy it. As good as Villa have been recently I don't think they have the pace and energy levels we have right now, nor the quality. As a side note, I can't help humming the theme from the Adams family every time I see their manager. Wierd looking creature. Similar to Wormtongue in Lord of the Rings.

5 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think it's because they became friends with the mackems and revelled in our downfall in the past. There fans do seem like numpties for the most part as well. 

That Gravesen challenge in 2003 did it for me

On 09/04/2023 at 02:57, Dokko said:

Shame, if Villa fans could refrain from being massive arseholes, I'd love to get behind them and their push on.

It sounds like those bedsheets were the work of one self-proclaimed Archibishop of Bantebury arsehole.

Personally I don't mind Villa. Emery's clearly done well there so credit to him. If they get Europa and the English media start taking it more seriously because of serial winner Unai Emery, then we all owe them a debt of gratitude. Anything that gets the focus away from commentators fawning over Liverpool getting a draw in a game with no meaning to them.

We'll be a step up from the opposition Villa have been playing recently, so its a good test for them, a bit like our Arsenal home game last season. We're on a roll so I think we can be quietly confident of a result.

Villas good recent form has came largely against teams struggling in the bottom half (Chelsea, good result though it was may just have been top half but we know the issues they are having), their remaining games, including us, will give a better indication.

Before Man Utd I'd have been more than happy with 7 or 8 points from the 4 games, now it's looking like a maximum is more than achievable.