Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, buzz said:

Not convinced Burn won't start again. :lol: Think it'll just be back to basics

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Burn

Longstaff Bruno Willock

Almiron Wilson Joelinton

It will 100% be this.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

As daft as it sounds as he's the top scorer, Almirón and Joelinton for that matter as the wide men in the attacking 3 just looks blunt af. Praying that ASM is okay for this personally.

No chance he starts even if he is back.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

No chance he starts even if he is back.

Even as an option off the bench he'd be incredibly useful. Almirón is predictable and Joelinton is best utilised in the midfield 3 instead of the front 3, we've looked disjointed or blunt in attack when he's in the front 3 not that it's directly his fault.

Joelinton was in a midfield 3 today and had a rare poor game.

Willock and Joelinton have a great understanding on the left. Let's get back to that. Same with Almiron and Trips on the right.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Not looking forward to this in the slightest. Cannot be doing with all these games that have lots riding on them.

99.9% of me thinks this is us Spursing them up with a similar performance to Arsenal last season, Chelsea and Man United this season.

0.01% is knowing how disgustingly spawny they've been this season. The 99.9% should be everything but the 0.01% is glowing.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Joelinton was in a midfield 3 today and had a rare poor game.

Willock and Joelinton have a great understanding on the left. Let's get back to that. Same with Almiron and Trips on the right.

Was arguably MOTM when moved back into midfield from the front 3 in the second half at Brentford. He was poor today but so were the other 10 players of ours.

Almirón is far too easy to defend against especially against a team that sits off like Spurs probably will do though I may bring him back in for Gordon. I'd stick with Murphy on the other side assuming ASM is out though.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was arguably MOTM when moved back into midfield from the front 3 in the second half at Brentford. He was poor today but so were the other 10 players of ours.

Almirón is far too easy to defend against especially against a team that sits off like Spurs probably will do though I may bring him back in for Gordon. I'd stick with Murphy on the other side assuming ASM is out though.

Hmm, thought Joe was poor but you are right, the rest were to.

I think we are in a place where fresh legs are needed. I'd start Miggy at home.

Longstaff is crucial. Never thought I'd say that.

Longstaff didn’t start as he had tonsillitis during the week so he will be back in the lineup next week.

As for the game, despite the heavy criticism of spurs this season, a front three of Son, Kane and Kulusevski gives them a chance in any game.

Despite today, looking forward to this.

Wish I could go into the game knowing everyone at the club understands a draw is as good as a loss for Tottenham, though. I think that was our undoing against Liverpool.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Kulusevski

Famous last words but he’s been absolutely gash any time I’ve watched them recently. Looks a shadow of the player he was last season and looks like he’s lost half a yard. Saying that he, and as you say Kane and Son, still have quality.

We should be able to overrun them in the midfield if they stick with their awful 3-4-3 with Hojbjerg and Skipprat.