Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I’m fully expecting a refereeing performance to make it seem like the last 2 games had Collina in the middle. 

Wish I could back ‘Englands Harry Kane’ to get away with a red 

Hate us going up against sides with three at the back. I'm thinking Spurs away last season, West Ham at home this season and Brentford away last week. The formation gives the opposition the ability to crowd the middle of the pitch and exploit the space left out wide. 

The reverse fixture was a strange old game, we got done over the top so many times in the first 15-20 that we dropped in a touch and we're comfortable for the remainder of the game.

I like the think while we'll go 4-3-3 we'll see a bit of flexibility in approach here to contain them. While I'm looking forward to it, I'll be a bag if nerves come kick off.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Hate us going up against sides with three at the back. I'm thinking Spurs away last season, West Ham at home this season and Brentford away last week. The formation gives the opposition the ability to crowd the middle of the pitch and exploit the space left out wide. 

The reverse fixture was a strange old game, we got done over the top so many times in the first 15-20 that we dropped in a touch and we're comfortable for the remainder of the game.

I like the think while we'll go 4-3-3 we'll see a bit of flexibility in approach here to contain them. While I'm looking forward to it, I'll be a bag if nerves come kick off.

If Lenglet’s knackered will they still play three CB’s? Bit risky playing Sanchez after everything that went on yesterday.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

If Lenglet’s knackered will they still play three CB’s? Bit risky playing Sanchez after everything that went on yesterday.

Tanganga was on the bench for them yesterday, so he may play if they stick with 3 CBs and don't want Sanchez in the team?

Had a deek at a Spurs forum and lifting Saudi patter aside it's impressive how much they hate the players, Levy, Stellini and the club like. Made even funnier that the club, Levy, the players and Stellini hate the fans as well. Delightful stuff.

Didn't know all that Sanchez stuff had happened at the weekend, Jesus. Other players have been deactivating their social accounts too.

It's the perfect time to play them.

Hate saying shit like this because its arrogant and could bite me in the arse, but we'll win this comfortably. That Villa game really annoyed me but with Spurs losing it was kind of a free hit, but more importantly it'll fire the lads up. They won't respond to that with a shite performance, plus they know how significant a win will be. They'll be right up for it, this could be our best performance of the season I'm honestly that confident. 

Edited by Decky

10 minutes ago, Decky said:

Hate saying shit like this because its arrogant and could bite me in the arse, but we'll win this comfortably. That Villa game really annoyed me but with Spurs losing it was kind of a free hit, but more importantly it'll fire the lads up. They won't respond to that with a shite performance, plus they know how significant a win will be. They'll be right up for it, this could be our best performance of the season I'm honestly that confident. 

I think that’s the main thing that’s changed about us as a side. We react well and won’t just accept a shite performance becoming the new standard. Spurs still have quality in their side, but if we don’t make any silly defensive mistakes that give them confidence, we’ll be way too much for them to handle

Spurs have been quite defensive all season, it'll be interesting to see if they're forced to go with a back four and go for this. 

I watched the highlights against Bournemouth. As you'd expect with the personnel they have, they were dangerous going forward but a hot mess at the back. Porro had a car crash of a performance.  

21 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

My best mate is a Spurs fan and he is despondent right now. 

Yet I’m still not writing them off, another tricky game which we gotta get right. 

You can't really right them off with that forward line, but they're not in a good place for sure.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Tanganga will come in, surely?

You'd have thought so. It'll either be that or a back four, which would be a pretty ballsy change of system at this stage if the season. 

Their best chance is with a back three though. I said earlier in the thread, but I don't feel that we look comfortable against teams who go 3-4-3. 

44 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

My best mate is a Spurs fan and he is despondent right now. 

Yet I’m still not writing them off, another tricky game which we gotta get right. 

A Spurs fan I know says he doesn't even want them to beat us. Thinks backing into a CL spot will just delay the reckoning that is coming. Hates watching them.

(I think he's full of shit and is just mentally guarding against potential defeat)

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Podcasting this morning, the Spurs host thinks they're going to get absolutely battered here. I wasn't expecting such negativity, but given recent result it shouldn't be that surprising. 

I watched them away at Everton and I haven’t heard anything to suggest they’ve improved since. Based on that performance I think we’ll eat them alive. They’re incapable of playing it out from the back but insist on trying over and over again.

All being right in the world, we should do to them what we did to Man United and Chelsea and they'll end the season around 7th, but I've watched them scum themselves to results far too often this season to be confident about it. Hopefully their loss to Bournemouth was the tide finally turning.