Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I said a couple of weeks ago, I’d leave Gordon out the squad. Only chance Everton have is creating an atmosphere and Gordon being there will fuel them.

Think we win this one 

1-3

Nothing like having a young lad who needs a bit of confidence being left out of the squad for his return home. :lol: 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Nothing like having a young lad who needs a bit of confidence being left out of the squad for his return home. :lol: 

It’s nothing against him or his ability at all, there will be no atmosphere if he’s not there, if he is they will be right up for it.

Would take a point.

Based on their galvanisingly desperate situation and envisaging a game just like last season.

Have us not needing that many and has to be a couple other wins in there with the worst will in the world

worry for Gordon a bit, think it'll help the crowd focus on not wanting to kill their own players

Go at them, in their faces! They struggle to get a couple of passes together when under pressure. We have momentum and should and probably will attack them as if we were playing at home. Too deep or sloppy in possession will only invite them to bombarsing the box. 1-3 to us. Think we will play like a proper big club oozing confidence and belief and not feeling the pressure as much.

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Give Gordon a cheeky start imo

Id be very tempted to, though it would be harsh for anyone who started today to be left out. Depends entirely on where his head is at, but I’d be getting the message across to him to prove his point and leave it behind for good, though he’ll likely have to do that from the bench. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Our BT Sport record this season:

P: 3 W: 0 D: 0 L: 3

That's actually pretty mad. Fingers crossed we break that run.

Play our game and there shouldn't be a worry. Don't get dragged down to their level.

And that includes not overthinking the Gordon situation. I'm sure Howe will play him like he would if it were any other team, so likely off the bench if a situation calls for it. Hopefully this is a chance for Gordon to show he's listening and maturing by not letting the occasion get to him, but there's only one way to find out.

Gordon being involved gets the crowd up for it, yes, but in a negative way. Take away the support for their team as it’ll be turned towards jeers for an ex Everton man.