Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Everton will pack the midfield and the back line, everyone behind the ball with Calvert Lewin up top on his own. They'll try and get Gray and McNeil in behind our full backs on the break (and even today Spurs were able to do that on occasion , obviously for Kane's goal). Threat from set plays with Tarkowski and Coady and we've not always defended corners well. The Willock/Joelinton switcheroo on the left should provide plenty of fruit particularly as they have Holgate out and Coleman who I presume will play right back is older than dust. Let's hope they don't bring their super sub of a stop oil protestor on , he was very good on the far post . 

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

Think Howe will make a few changes for this. 3 games in a week again. Maybe Wilson and Almiron/Gordon to come in.

Surely the majority of the substitutions today were ‘looking ahead’ to this. Changes perhaps more likely for Southampton?

4 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Surely the majority of the substitutions today were ‘looking ahead’ to this. Changes perhaps more likely for Southampton?

I think because of the score it made sense to give them a rest and not risk injury.

I wouldn't expect Trippier or Bruno to be rested though, wouldn't be surprised to see Miggy and Wilson start.

Forecast is for rain, so expect a scrappy game where they try and drag it down

The ideal scenario would be an early goal and some crowd frustration on their part. Basically give the home crowd nothing and make it a totally forgettable 90mins and I think Newcastle win comfortably 

Howe will make changes, either for this or for the next game.

I'd be tempted to bring Miggy and Wilson in for this. Not quite ready for Gordon yet. Needs more in the trust bank.

2 hours ago, CPL said:

Have a feeling it'll end up like last season where they grind a result against us. Hopefully I am wrong! 

Agreed and we totally outplayed them, we just couldn't score for for toffee (pun intended).

2 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I wouldn't play him unless really needed, it will get the crowd up and I'm not sure I trust Gordon's temperament to handle it.

Not to dig the kid out, but I don't think he could handle it.

Eddie will know best. He'll be an unused sub I reckon 

I'm pretty confident that we win this one after today. A massive question was emphatically answered after the Villa disappointment. That drubbing might just have given the remainder of the season the final push that was required.