Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, Viana said:

They’re going to try and make this a fight.

I watched them against Palace, and while it was away, they were very conservative and wanted to counter attack. I think the same will be true here alongside a threat from set pieces.

It’ll be a good test for our lot, and we have to avoid anything like the Villa showing. 

I think we'll have more time to play our game as they don't press like Villa, they'll sit back and hope to hit us on the break. But again, I don't think they've got anyone like Watkins who really gave us a hard time with his pace. They aren't going to beat us with their crowd hostility, whatever their glue-sniffing fans think.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

They did but it was only after that lunatic chained himself to the post that they came into the game.

They seem to turn it up for when we’re there. Like Villa fans, these have a weird hatred towards us (even before the Saudi takeover).

I was worried going into the Villa game because I could see they had the quality to come out of the traps against us and cause us problems.

I just don't see that with Everton. If they decide to come at us, we will pick them apart. So their only choice is to sit back and try and soak up our pressure. 

It will take us a while to get through but once we do, it will be all over.

0-2

Isak, Joelinton.....

Also we should stick with the same side for this and change it for Southampton, if we feel necessary.

Think Isak in particular was taken off early against Spurs with Eddie having one eye on this fixture.

I'll be absolutely floored if there are any changes to the starting team for this.

25 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Arsenal at home surely? 

Isak vs Rob Holding. They will probably be second at this point and the last thing they want is to be playing at SJP.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

Isak vs Rob Holding. They will probably be second at this point and the last thing they want is to be playing at SJP.

Arsenal don’t lose. Everton lose lots. I understand your point but if we’re professional enough to play games instead of occasions and focus on what we’re doing ourselves, Everton should not be considered tougher than Arsenal. 

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Arsenal don’t lose. Everton lose lots. I understand your point but if we’re professional enough to play games instead of occasions and focus on what we’re doing ourselves, Everton should not be considered tougher than Arsenal. 

Arsenal are also one of the few sides who outplayed us this season, even if we got a draw from it. Can't see Everton going toe to toe with us and coming out on top. They'll have to turn it into a dogfight to have any chance.

Just been onto that grand old team forum....

It's just like RTG isn't it? Lots of name calling and arguing. Very little in the way of tactical substance. I cam only assume its a bunch of 15 year olds.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

It's just like RTG isn't it? Lots of name calling and arguing. Very little in the way of tactical substance. I cam only assume its a bunch of 15 year olds.

It's absolutely beautiful when they lose.

I mean there's one of them that said "I hope they have used their weekly goal allowance". No wonder Everton are shite if they think they have a limited number of goals that they can score.

Unlike Villa 2 weeks ago, where I said that I wanted our strange rivalry to end, I feel the absolute opposite towards these lot.

They are like Blue rats. Scum of the earth. The mere notion of an Evertonian, makes me more fond of Liverpool, which takes some doing because I don't like them either.

Would love nowt better to give these lot a right pasting and send them into the championship. Let's see how loyal their fans are.

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Are they talking about fireworks and coaches? It must be so fun supporting them. Usually before the match I have to go to the pub with my mates.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Haven't seen any of that as yet. Plenty of talk of making it a bearpit though.

41 minutes ago, Shak said:

Think Isak in particular was taken off early against Spurs with Eddie having one eye on this fixture.

I'll be absolutely floored if there are any changes to the starting team for this.

Didn’t Schar go off with an injury ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t Schar go off with an injury ?

Yep. Hamstring it seemed. Maybe a game where Burn at CB and Targett at LB though knowing EH he may just swap FS for JL.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Hamstring it seemed. Maybe a game where Burn at CB and Targett at LB though knowing EH he may just swap FS for JL.

Aye think if Schar is out Lascelles makes more sense due to their aerial threat.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

More likely to be a bunch of 55yr olds sadly.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

l’d rather keep Burn at left back as I still have horrible memories of his mistake that cost cost us last year