Newcastle United vs. Southampton: 30/04/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Isak come in for Wilson, Howe is being very smart at managing Wilson’s game time rather than previously (when we had no choice) he’d play every 90 mins and pick up muscle injuries. I’d also expect Murphy and Burn to come back in.

This will have a carnival feel around it , the stuff we have played recently is magnificent. 

Isak will start no doubt about it , Willock is playing at the top of his game , Joe is still incredible, Longstaff is a calming influence and then we have Bruno .

Fucking hell man :indi:

If any young’uns are wondering what the differences between being a NUFC fan in the mid-‘90s and now are - looking at Southampton and thinking ‘shit, zero points again off this lot’ is one of them.

4-0 I reckon. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Feel a bit sorry for Southampton and the fans, they are not such a hateful club like, some of the nothing teams in the Premier League.  They play some nice football and even though we have beaten them like, 3 times this season already they never looked like a team that was just there making up the numbers.  Decent!  I bet their fans don't clear out at half time no matter what the score is!

That said I will be gutted if we do not take 3 points and take them comfortably on Sunday!

Wouldn’t be so sure…

“When supporters started leaving as early as the 57th minute after James (Marcus?) Tavernier scored the only goal of the game, it was justified; there was little chance of these players turning the tide.“

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

JWP was taken off with illness last night and is doubtful 

Take him away from set pieces and this Southampton team would already be relegated. Big help if he doesn't play or is not 100% if he does.

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Get the feeling we'll be expected to piss this and it might be a scrappy struggle. Then again I said that before Everton :lol:

And with only a three day turn around, the piss wet sheets from last night likely wont be dry. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

And with only a three day turn around, the piss wet sheets from last night likely wont be dry. 

:lol:

I didn't explain it all that well like. I still think we'll win, just think it might be a closer, grind it out 2-1 job this time. Of all the games we've had lately this is the one you'd expect to rattle in 4, 5 or 6 the most so it might be subverted I think, that's all.