Newcastle United vs. Southampton: 30/04/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I must be the only person in the world not convinced by Lavia, at all. he’s been pony every time I’ve seen him. I know he’s young etc etc. will be watching him closely tomorrow, let’s see how he gets on against a proper midfield.

I would be gobsmacked if Eddie hasn’t got these in the right mindset for this. The best sides in the league struggle to live with us at the moment, can’t see anyone in this team allowing the levels to drop.

It's funny how people are so worried about this game, as personally I can't remember a Premier League game where I've ever been this unworried about an opposition, and been supremely confident of a win, it feels weird honestly. :lol:

Obviously that could just be hubris talking, but Southampton have nothing, and are clearly the worst team in the league, we've already beat them three times this season, they essentially downed tools at home to Bournemouth and they're already basically relegated. So long as the players aren't complacent, we have nothing to worry about imo.

I don’t have a single cell of doubt about this game anywhere in my body.

More chance of us missing CL next season than there is us losing this.

Everton away was Everton’s cup final. These can play out their skins and will be wasting 90min of energy.

They need to accept this game as a defeat and preserve fitness for a game with more chance of winning

26 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I would be gobsmacked if Eddie hasn’t got these in the right mindset for this. The best sides in the league struggle to live with us at the moment, can’t see anyone in this team allowing the levels to drop.

I'm expecting it a win but that's a bit bold given what happened at villa.  I understand it's the exception not the rule this season like, however the levels were dropped massively that day. 

21 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

It looked like Trippier didn't think Longstaff could continue playing to a high enough standard with the knock.  Trippier was shouting at Longstaff to go off, I think.

I think he was shouting at him to go down so the game could be stopped so we could make a sub in place of Longstaff.

Just now, gbandit said:

Yeah, we have Derby six points, was it 06/07? Remember watching the home game in a pub in Edinburgh and questioning how much worse things would get for us as a club. Turns out it was a lot 

07/08 - the Allardici effect.

41 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'm expecting it a win but that's a bit bold given what happened at villa.  I understand it's the exception not the rule this season like, however the levels were dropped massively that day. 

I wouldn’t worry about what happened at Villa. Games like that happen to every team at some point, including Man City.

We’re at home and they are rock bottom of the league for a reason. 

Eddie won’t be complacent and nor will the lads. So us fans can be confident. 

Edited by LV

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Historically this would have been match we would fuck up. Did we not give Derby 6 points one season? :lol:

I can't see Eddie allowing that to happen.

4. Should have been 6. They were by far the better team up here and we equalised very late on.