Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I'm somehow nervous yet will also be extremely disappointed if we don't get something. They're there for the taking.

Fat Frankie finally fluking a win on Tuesday is very much the lesser of two evils as that could leave Lego Boy & Co 7 points behind by the time we kick off and utterly demoralised.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Not feeling this one. Reckon they are too strong.

We will play well but they will sucker punch us.

Isak and Wilson starting would be tasty.

The smell of piss if we get best will be unbearable.

Just now, Tiresias said:

No pressure, weirdly confident on this one

There is plenty of pressure. They are one of the few teams who almost played us off the park at their ground. They are also fighting for the title so they are a very good side. This is definitely not one of those games I would take for granted. But we need to win and we are winning. They need to win and they aren't.

We can't start slowly, we can't have a spell where we are off it. We need to be on it for the full 90.

The crowd needs to remind Arsenal of last season. They need to be tired before they have kicked a ball. They need to believe that their title race is probably over.

Put doubt in their mind. Create chances early.

We are very capable of beating them. It will be tough. They are dangerous. Lots. Of. Short. Sentences.[emoji38]

Bookies have us down as favourites. Late afternoon kick off, back holiday weekend so people will have a good drink inside them should see a proper bear pit atmosphere and if that happens there's a chance Arsenal could fold like they did last season.

In saying all that I'd take a draw now if offered!

They are a different team now compared to the 2-0, despite their recent form. Wilson ran them ragged last time so he'll start.

Atmosphere should rattle them again. Win this and CL is pretty much cemented.

They've had 3 really bad results (in context to their season) in the last 4 games. You'd think theyll be up for this as they seriously need to win to have any chance of finishing above City

I reckon there will be plenty of goals in this and can see it ending 4-3 either way. The fact we've got a full week of traning/rest before this is huge.

It's a really exciting prospect and a game we can look forward to without significant pressure, imo. The nature of the league and the nature of Liverpool means we can't 'afford to lose,' if that's ever such a thing, but with the gap we've developed and the other favourable fixtures to come, it's not going to be the end of the world if we don't pick up maximum points. 

Should be an entertaining game; can't really call it. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It's a really exciting prospect and a game we can look forward to without significant pressure, imo. The nature of the league and the nature of Liverpool means we can't 'afford to lose,' if that's ever such a thing, but with the gap we've developed and the other favourable fixtures to come, it's not going to be the end of the world if we don't pick up maximum points. 

Should be an entertaining game; can't really call it. 

I guess it’s just a question of how we’ll handle it mentally if Liverpool are only 3 points behind come kick off (albeit having played 2 games more).

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I guess it’s just a question of how we’ll handle it mentally if Liverpool are only 3 points behind come kick off (albeit having played 2 games more).

Yeah fair point; only just realised that's the schedule. There'll definitely be a sharper edge to it in that scenario.