Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, LV said:

They’ll still have PTSD from the last time they were here. We just need to recreate the same environment and they’ll be having flashbacks 

Hoping for a repeat of the atmosphere and an Arsenal capitulation. Oh and some Isak filth too!  [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't even think a defeat changes much. Leeds and Leicester should be our two wins, Brighton the draw. 

I'd hate for it to go to the last day, but even the Chelsea game looks very winnable.

All redundant of course if the chasing pack drop more points.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd hate for it to go to the last day, but even the Chelsea game looks very winnable.

All redundant of course if the chasing pack drop more points.

I think it'll be done before Chelsea even if Arsenal beat us. I don't see us not getting 7-9 points from Leeds, Brighton and Leicester. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it'll be done before Chelsea even if Arsenal beat us. I don't see us not getting 7-9 points from Leeds, Brighton and Leicester. 

Brighton is a tricky game for sure. They have similar patterns of play to Villa, but I simply can't see us being as bad as we were at Villa Park.

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do you not reckon we'd get 7 points out of Leeds, Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea?

If football has taught me anything over the years is the month of May there is always very strange results providing many twists and turns. With some teams going on very unexpected runs late on.

Leeds held their own up here and it will be a do or die game for them. Hopefully plays out like Everton away but we struggle up against smaller mobile forwards. Bamford not so much.

Brighton seem like a team that are comfortable playing home and away and are in great form.

Leicester seem to have a team full of players everyone on here says we should be buying but Vardy aside probably the team I’m most confident against as a bit nice in their style.

I don’t and never expect anything from Stamford Bridge regardless what form we are in or themselves. They might have Poch in place by then and receive a new manager bounce also.

If anyone is genuinely consumed by pant-shitting negativity, just stick a wager on us not to qualify for the CL at 9/1. You could win a decent chunk and you'd have proven it all wouldn't have to go on adult nappies too. 

The good thing is that our recent form has earned us a blip or two, but obviously you just want it done and dusted as soon as possible. 

It'll be a bit more interesting if Man United lose at Brighton too.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I say genuinely as I'm sure there's a fair bit of WUMing at play.

I’m not WUM 👍🏻

Probably still scarred from 95/96 🙂

That and I always try to be honest with what I see in my team and players. I never get swept away and vice versa try not to get too low.

Just concerned there’s one last twist in the (fairy)tail…

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I’m not WUM 👍🏻

Probably still scarred from 95/96 🙂

That and I always try to be honest with what I see in my team and players. I never get swept away and vice versa try not to get too low.

Just concerned there’s one last twist in the (fairy)tail…

It wasn't specifically aimed at you, but I know you like to play devil's advocate.

I also think the Ashley years have a lot to answer for, in that we're always expecting the worst. The wheels would have to totally come off though, even average form sees us home at this stage.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It wasn't specifically aimed at you, but I know you like to play devil's advocate.

I also think the Ashley years have a lot to answer for, in that we're always expecting the worst. The wheels would have to totally come off though, even average form sees us home at this stage.

👍🏻

That’s fair I do.

I just hope what happened to Leicester two years running when 4th was theirs seemingly on a plate only to crumble in May twice 🤞🏻

That Jota goal man yesterday… 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If anyone is genuinely consumed by pant-shitting negativity, just stick a wager on us not to qualify for the CL at 9/1. You could win a decent chunk and you'd have proven it all wouldn't have to go on adult nappies too. 

Where can you do this, out of interest?

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

👍🏻

That’s fair I do.

I just hope what happened to Leicester two years running when 4th was theirs seemingly on a plate only to crumble in May twice 🤞🏻

That Jota goal man yesterday… 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Aye, to be fair though Leicester started to crumble a lot sooner than this. I believe the gap was down to about four points at this stage when Liverpool chased them down.

It is frustrating they've benefited from a number of very fortunate decisions of late though. Keep defending like they have of late and they'll be out of contention before long.

Can you imagine the first time we're on contention for a title? It'll make this seem like a stroll in the park.

Edited by The Prophet