Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, STM said:

Bid decisions.

Miggy in?

Wilson for ASM?

Burn for Targett?

Be surprised if ASM is considered ready for a start although the thought of Almiron and Murphy as wingers is depressing.

Would really like to see Wilson back on the bench for this. Not because he deserves it at all, but having him and Isak as a plan B is huge when we're chasing something. When we started with it today it really seemed to hamstring us in terms of bringing this up a level from the bench.

I'm surprised Eddie hasn't tried Gordon as a number 8. I actually think it could suit his skills more than playing out wide. Something like this:

Pope

Trippier   Schar     Botman     Targett

Bruno

Gordon                Willock

Murphy                                Joelinton 

Isak

This is the biggest game of the season for me.

Win this and we'll be ridiculously close to Champions League next season.

Going into the Brighton game at home the crowd will be electric knowing another win will essentially guarantee us 4th.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm surprised Eddie hasn't tried Gordon as a number 8. I actually think it could suit his skills more than playing out wide. Something like this:

Pope

Trippier   Schar     Botman     Targett

Bruno

Gordon                Willock

Murphy                                Joelinton 

Isak

Gordon appears to have the work rate but does he read the game well? Does he know how to positional himself? 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Gordon appears to have the work rate but does he read the game well? Does he know how to positional himself? 

I think he could press well. You are absolutely right that it's an unknown but I feel we need to get Joelinton back out onto the left, get the Joelinton/Willock play working again.

I don't think I've ever been so conflicted about a line up, as to what I am about the Leeds game.

Will Howe look at Wilson/Isak vs Arsenal as an experiment that didn't work and revert back to what we were doing?

Simple for me you play your best 11 which means if Longstaff is unfit Maxi plays.

This will be brutal and Tyler Adams will try and kick us off the park. Could go either way and 1st goal will be crucial, we got it at the London Stadium and Goodison, don’t get it here and it will be a real struggle.

Not for the feint hearted this one and Elland Road will be a bear pit, needs cool heads this one or we’ll get dragged down to their level which is what Allardyce will want.

Edited by Whitley mag

Probably not likely to start maxi against these expectably being an easier challenge than arsenal too, but would like to see him come on again with potentially a front 3 of maxi, isak/Wilson, Murphy/Almiron. 

….great actually having options….!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Simple for me you play your best 11 which means if Longstaff is unfit Maxi plays.

This will be brutal and Tyler Adams will try and kick us off the park. Could go either way and 1st goal will be crucial, we got it at the London Stadium and Goodison, don’t get it here and it will be a real struggle.

Not for the feint hearted this one and Elland Road will be a bear pit, needs cool heads this one or we’ll get dragged down to their level which is what Allardyce will want.

Tyler Adams is out for the season I think.

13 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Would really like to see Wilson back on the bench for this. Not because he deserves it at all, but having him and Isak as a plan B is huge when we're chasing something. When we started with it today it really seemed to hamstring us in terms of bringing this up a level from the bench.

Wilson is an excellent option to watch from the bench, read the game and come on against tired legs. That, basically, should be his new role at the club. Especially post-summer when hopefully we’ll have bought players to help get the best out of Isak centrally.