Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal were very fortunate to get out of that early period though tbh.

We were as well at Everton (more down to them being shit than missing any chances). We were a mess.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

We were as well at Everton (more down to them being shit than missing any chances). We were a mess.

Is that not a combination of home teams tending to come on strong early and us taking a few minutes to settle?

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

It’s Leeds. Big Sam or not. We have more than enough about us to put these down over 90 minutes. 

Aye fuck the home advantage as well, they still have to play the game with their shitter players. The fans aren't going to put the ball in the net.

When we lost against Liverpool and Man City, we won our next 5. 

When we lost against Villa, we won our next 3, scoring 13 in the process. 

Time to turn on that form again, right to the end of the season. Fat Sam should never be an issue for us ever again. 

I’d be more worried about a spawny 1-0 hit and run type result than them being in any way better than us. We have the quality to put these to the sword (much like Everton) so I’d be devastated if we get robbed there. 

Not quite a must-win but, christ, it wouldn’t half ramp up the pressure on our next games if we didn’t.

Winning this one easily, players will want it so fucking much.

This team hasn't yet shown any signs of getting down when it's been tough and I don't think they will show it now, even with the pressure on.

3 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

I didn’t see their game against City but looked as though the 2-1 flattered them from the stats. How did they do/play? 

They were utter shit, Haaland missed about 4/5 clear cut chances, and then scored from their one trip beyond the halfway line.

36 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

I don't think it's a BT hoodoo, I think those planks 'Fletch' and 'Macca' are the curse. They best not be commentating.

Think it was Ian Darke at both the Villa and Everton games though wasn't it?

3 hours ago, STM said:

Another reason why Targett should get a game is because he can take some corner duties off Trippier.

They have gone stale again.

We do win an obscene number of corners mind. Haven't checked but we must be well clear for most in the league. There was one clever one yesterday where instead of the usual pass to the winger then Trippier cross from a deep position, he got the return pass more towards the byline and it caught them out. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

The set pieces are fine, man. Our guys can't fucking score from them. 

Many of them have been far from as good as they have been at times tbh. Many wasted ones. Not just “not scored”. Hopefully can find the precision soon enough :thup:

36 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Many of them have been far from as good as they have been at times tbh. Many wasted ones. Not just “not scored”. Hopefully can find the precision soon enough :thup:

Just look at the chances/shots created from Trips' set pieces, it's by far the most in the league. How many "near" headers has Burn, Botman and Schar missed? 

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just look at the chances/shots created from Trips' set pieces, it's by far the most in the league. How many "near" headers has Burn, Botman and Schar missed? 

I know that he has tons of chances created so far. All I’m saying is that from what I have seen lately the delivery from set pieces haven’t been quite as good as earlier during some better parts of the season. 

Every game we play seems massive, I would love to wipe the smile off Big Sam's face with a win here, if they win his smugness will be unbearable 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We do win an obscene number of corners mind. Haven't checked but we must be well clear for most in the league. There was one clever one yesterday where instead of the usual pass to the winger then Trippier cross from a deep position, he got the return pass more towards the byline and it caught them out. 

Corners in the PL this season:

1. Newcastle United, 234 

2. Manchester City, 222

3. Liverpool, 213

4. Brighton & Hove Albion, 203 

5. Arsenal, 200 

6. Chelsea, 191