Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

I really want Miggy back in for this. Maybe ASM for Wilson as well, though you got to expect Leeds will sit very deep so having Wilson in the box might bot be the worst thing in the world. 

45 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Any car parking recommendations for this one? Asking for a friend.

Should be able to get away parking at Dunelm and its a short walk down. Probably space around Beeston Road/Town St too but I imagine other people have the same idea. Stinking round there though.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

This is one of those games which will need some patience. Leeds will be parking the bus, and another bus in front of that one now Big Sam is in charge. We can't afford to give away any daft goals like we've been doing recently, if they get something to hold onto they will bring a truck to park in front of the buses.

No reason why we can't go there and win comfortably.  We created at least 4 very good chances against Arsenal so god knows how many we can create against their lifting defence 

Just now, arnonel said:

No Isak on the left please

I think it's worth another bash against a far more inferior team to Arsenal.

Maybe a tactical tweak somewhere could help him get into the game more. Push Willock wide left when we're in possession, allowing Isak to drift centrally. Just as long as we're not 4-2-4 too soon, as per the gaffer's instructions. 

Leeds home                              Newcastle away

P17 W5-D6-L6                          P17 W8-D6-L3

Leeds form                               Newcastle form

Man City 2-1 Leeds                  Newcastle 0-2 Arsenal

Bournemouth 4-1 Leeds          Newcastle 3-1 Southampton

Leeds 1-1 Leicester                  Everton 1-4 Newcastle

Fulham 2-1 Leeds                     Newcastle 6-1 Spurs

Leeds 1-6 Liverpool                  Villa 3-0 Newcastle

Leeds v top half at home         Newcastle v bottom half away

P8 W0-D3-L5                            P8 W5-D3-L0

Wouldn't be mad if we saw Isak-Wilson here, feels much more suited than the Arsenal game. They're going to sit deep, shore up the centre of the pitch, and look to break on us at speed. On the left or as a 10, Isak should more freedom to move around and find gaps than if he was locked in up top. He's also got a good long shot on him too. I'd be absolutely fine if we had Wilson as super sub though.

Personally I'd be looking to replace Longstaff as much like-for-like as we can without moving anyone else around from our established team. Moving Joelinton into midfield from the left makes us lose something from both him and from Willock and it also hasn't really solved the problem we have as yet. 

Personally think playing Isak and Wilson together is showing your hand too early, if the opposition deal with it, there's no headroom for us to take it up a level from the bench. Wilson or if it's more suitable Isak from the bench feels like a better way of doing it. 

I'd go with the standard back 5 and:

Gordon?/Anderson? Bruno    Willock

Murphy                     Isak/Wilson           Joelinton

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Personally I'd be looking to replace Longstaff as much like-for-like as we can without moving anyone else around from our established team. Moving Joelinton into midfield from the left makes us lose something from both him and from Willock and it also hasn't really solved the problem we have as yet. 

Personally think playing Isak and Wilson together is showing your hand too early, if the opposition deal with it, there's no headroom for us to take it up a level from the bench. Wilson or if it's more suitable Isak from the bench feels like a better way of doing it. 

I'd go with the standard back 5 and:

Gordon?/Armstrong? Bruno    Willock

Murphy                     Isak/Wilson           Joelinton

Armstrong? ???

It'll be interesting to see how Leeds set up. Against City, it was the lowest of low blocks with all hands to the pump. City sliced through it at will. You'd think here Allardyce will need to utilise the crowd. We're not the fastest of starters on the road and turning the ball over to us from off might make for a nervy atmosphere.

At West Brom, it was usually 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 and they took some absolute hidings in his earlier games, including heavy home defeats to Villa, Leeds, Arsenal and City. Based on this, I think he'll go more or less the same, but potentially try to be a bit more adventurous on the break by utilising pace over the top from his signature "long passes". On their day, Harrison and Gnonto can be a handful.  

If they set up as expected the burden will be on us to break them down. We'll have lots of the ball and based on the City game we'll get plenty of dangerous set piece opportunities. Both Isak and Wilson starting might not be the worst thing for this one, though without Longstaff the balance of the midfield might be an issue again. 

It does feel incredibly similar to the game at Goodison Park. Score first and I think we'll run out comfortable winners, but if they get momentum it could get a bit nervy. Overall though, I think we'll have a bit too much quality for them:  1-3. 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be interesting to see how Leeds set up. Against City, it was the lowest of low blocks with all hands to the pump. City sliced through it at will. You'd think here Allardyce will need to utilise the crowd. We're not the fastest of starters on the road and turning the ball over to us from off might make for a nervy atmosphere.

At West Brom, it was usually 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 and they took some absolute hidings in his earlier games, including heavy home defeats to Villa, Leeds, Arsenal and City. Based on this, I think he'll go more or less the same, but potentially try to be a bit more adventurous on the break by utilising pace over the top from his signature "long passes". On their day, Harrison and Gnonto can be a handful.  

If they set up as expected the burden will be on us to break them down. We'll have lots of the ball and based on the City game we'll get plenty of dangerous set piece opportunities. Both Isak and Wilson starting might not be the worst thing for this one, though without Longstaff the balance of the midfield might be an issue again. 

It does feel incredibly similar to the game at Goodison Park. Score first and I think we'll run out comfortable winners, but if they get momentum it could get a bit nervy. Overall though, I think we'll have a bit too much quality for them:  1-3. 

I've seen over the weekend to expect an incredible fight from the relegation threatened teams . Not a great time to play them tbh 

Also interesting both City goals were a carbon copy of each other. Ball pulled back from the right, Leeds pulled too deep,  midfielder on the edge of the box with time and space to get a shot off. 

City did create and miss all kinds of chances though. Through balls, balls over the top, cut backs, etc.