OFFICIAL: Joelinton - Player of the Season 2022/23

Big River

OFFICIAL: Player of the Season 2022/23  

604 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/23 at 11:00

Several players have really stepped up to the mark, but Bruno has been central to all the progress we've made. Apart from anything else, he radiates confidence and that spreads to his team mates.

Edited by Cronky

Just now, Big River said:

you could have held off voting until Monday. but no, Joelinton is inevitable.

roman-reigns-acknowledge-me.gif

:lol: I've gone for big Linterz as well. It's an incredibly hard pick because Wilson, Trippier and Pope are all more than worthy of the title, but I genuinely don't think Joe's levels have dropped at any point. He's consistently been brilliant and therefore gets it, just.

Loving the banner at the top of the forum 👌

Went with Trippier, he has been a leader on and off the pitch, been the standard bearer, and the one who has raised the standards to be able to get us to where we are.

That's not even mentioning his output this season in an attacking sense.

You could give this to anyone couldn't you? Joelinton and Bruno absolutely bossing it in the midfield, our defenders and Pope have been absolutely solid, only conceding a couple more than City and Miggy, Isak and Wilson stepped up over various spells to give us valuable points at different stages of the season. I went with Trippier though, a great leader, part of that amazing defence and also one of the top chance creators in the league this season. He's fucking top class man. They all are to be fair. 

Over the season, I'd say Joelinton, with a substantial honourable mention for Schar who has been integral to what has been a solid defence (for most of the season), has embraced the footballing philosophy, has put his body on the line (to a fault, almost!) and has actually played a lot of incisive attacking football for a centre-back. 

Bruno edges out Trippier and Big Joe for me but it's splitting hairs with how good the performances of our players have been this season, Wilson, Isak, Almiron, Longstaff, Willock, Botman, Schar, Pope, all top of the pops really. What a season.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

Just now, Beren said:

Over the season, I'd say Joelinton, with a substantial honourable mention for Schar who has been integral to what has been a solid defence (for most of the season), has embraced the footballing philosophy, has put his body on the line (to a fault, almost!) and has actually played a lot of incisive attacking football for a centre-back. 

:lol: I think the greatest individual achievement of the season is Fabian Schar succeeding academically despite living with what I'd presume to be a constant headache between matches. 

Was really torn between Schar, Joelinton and Wilson. 

Wilson did the business before the WC and after his blip came back in a really big way which is one of the main reasons we’re on the cusp of the Champions League. So he just about edges it for me. 

Gonna wait until the season's over. It'll probably be between Trippier, Schär and Joelinton, but weirdly based on my player ratings throughout the season it's between Isak, Almiron, Pope. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Pope August up to Liverpool and Almiron upto the World Cup were unreal. If they'd kept that form all season it'd have been one of those. 

Botman, Schar, Willock, Bruno, Joelinton, Wilson and Isak all worthy and consistent all season. 

Trippier is the standout though. True leader and inspiration and between 8-9 out of 10 most weeks. 

There's always going to be a bit of recency bias as well I think. Almiron and Pope's form throughout has been excellent but Joelinton's probably sticks in your mind more with the other two being at their best what feels like last season