OFFICIAL: Joelinton - Player of the Season 2022/23

Big River

OFFICIAL: Player of the Season 2022/23  

604 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/23 at 11:00

Can anyone recall a season where this has been such a tough judgement? (…ignoring when everyone seemed shite 😂 ).

Bruno looked like he would storm it; but has faded somewhat. Tripper’s contributions have been immense. Botman has had a great first season; Schar (as ever…) has been quietly effective, not getting the limelight his wisdom and bravely deserve. 

Wilson, in parts, and Isak have been phenomenal. Lil’ Joe and Longstaff have been great at times, under-appreciated, in the main, but incredibly important. Pope has been immense. Miggy’s effort and resurgence of goal scoring has been crucial, enabling us to secure many points we wouldn’t have done. 

There are others who in parts have given so much and deserve a name check. But for me, I’ll have to opt for Joelinton. Talk about running through walls for a club. His effort and effectiveness have been a joy to watch. Super proud to have him represent my team. 

7 minutes ago, Big River said:

has to be Joelinton, for me. he's just been a total beast all season, regardless of what role he's been asked to play.

honourable mentions for Schar and Trippier.

Then you should vote for him 😉(Oh! Sorry. You have.) 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Can anyone recall a season where this has been such a tough judgement? (…ignoring when everyone seemed shite 😂 ).

Bruno looked like he would storm it; but has faded somewhat. Tripper’s contributions have been immense. Botman has had a great first season; Schar (as ever…) has been quietly effective, not getting the limelight his wisdom and bravely deserve. 

Wilson, in parts, and Isak have been phenomenal. Lil’ Joe and Longstaff have been great at times, under-appreciated, in the main, but incredibly important. Pope has been immense. Miggy’s effort and resurgence of goal scoring has been crucial, enabling us to secure many points we wouldn’t have done. 

There are others who in parts have given so much and deserve a name check. But for me, I’ll have to opt for Joelinton. Talk about running through walls for a club. His effort and effectiveness have been a joy to watch. Super proud to have him represent my team. 

It’s crazy how many players you could make a case for without being completely off your rocker. 

It’s like someone asking me to pick my favourite child.

Could’ve been any of about half a dozen, but I’ve voted for Trippier. Phenomenal player, ever present and the personification of what this team is about. He could’ve seen this as his last pay day and half arsed it, but he’s playing the best football of his career and setting standards so high for everyone else. I fucking adore the man.

7 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Should probably tag the winner on Insta. Maybe even send them a trophy. 

I was genuinely thinking about this :lol: get a bairns trophy made up and take it to the training ground

Maybe everyone is bored of Bruno getting the plaudits, or disappointed by a few recent games playing with an ankle injury, but it would be absolutely insane for anyone else to be player of the season. Just compare our record with and without him. Other players are important but he makes us tick. 

Its quite a tough one as we had some outstanding performers  this season but its Joelinton for me, he preformed superbly in every role he was asked to play in and was the most consistent, Wilson had the season of his life but that period were he faded really affected us negatively, Trippier once again lead the team superbly but he had the few off games,  Schar, Pope and Botman have played part in what is one of the best defenses in the league and all deserve the plaudits as well.