OFFICIAL: Joelinton - Player of the Season 2022/23

Big River

OFFICIAL: Player of the Season 2022/23  

604 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/23 at 11:00

Joelinton still doesn't seem at his full potential and he's been our best player since Clark gained legendary status at the club.

He'll be player of the season next year too. He's too perfect for how we play.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Really tough decision but Big Joe gets it for me in the end.  Could have been any one from about seven but Joe just epitomises the spirit and strength of the team.  Never stops trying, never backs down from a challenge, never gives up, he's exactly what we were talking about when we said 'We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries'.

Almiron for me, although Joelinton is another prime candidate. I think recency bias is working against the former a little bit in that had the season halves been reversed Almiron would have probably scored much higher. My stance however is that a lot of people were saying we desperately needed a right winger as that would be our weakest position. Miggy has not only grafted his nuts of as we’ve grown to expect, allowing our so successful high press, but also added goals. And then when you consider the quality of the goals as well. What a season this lad has had. They’ve all been brilliant, but Miggy is my POTS without a doubt.

Was tempted to with Bruno or Tripps but I have to go with Joelinton, he's just so consistent and he plays every role he's given so well.

I probably would have went with Bruno if he hadn't had to play through an injury for the entire second half of the season, his levels have dropped slightly but he's still class.

This is the hardest choice we have had for many a year. There is a case for the difference that any of the players have made. Big Joe, has been immense, Bruno is a huge player, the deference has been superb, Almirante has at times been electric. For me, and the work that he does every game Willock has been outstanding, the one player Arsenal needed this year. He just gets better and better. Most improved must go to Murphy. But Howe has created one hell of a team. 

57 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Joelinton still doesn't seem at his full potential and he's been our best player since Clark gained legendary status at the club.

He'll be player of the season next year too. He's too perfect for how we play.

I was thinking he’d stand a good chance again next season but I’m fairly sure if Isak is fit all season he’ll get it 

Bruno for me. He's the one player who I think if you take him out of the team we really struggle.

Trippier and Joelinton very close runners up.

Had to go Joelinton.

Guy hardly ever misses games. Fills in at multiple positions. Has now started scoring goals. Has assisted a few too. Disrupts the opposition's play constantly. Sets the tone with his aggression and tenacity. Just had to give it to him.

Shout out to Callum Wilson too though, as he has scored some big goals to give us a final push at the end of the season, and overall has scored more goals than he ever has in the league, despite missing a fair number of games.

Went with Bruno, just cause he's the one that's completely irreplacable in our team. He's the one that makes everyone else better. Almiron, for example, doesn't hit that run of form without Bruno IMO. 

Incredibly tough choice mind, could have been anyone from the entire back 5, Bruno, Joelinton, Almiron or Wilson. 

It's really difficult because different players have stepped up at different times in the season. Went for Trippier for everything he gives us, on and off the pitch. He's helped transform the mentality at the club and we'd miss him more than anyone else if he wasn't in the side. 

So tough this, which is a sign of a top team I suppose. Trippier, Botman, Joelinton, Wilson and Bruno on my short list, but went for Bruno. He just plays such an important role in the team and would be seriously missed. He just oozes class and would fit it to any elite team (hope he stays put for ages mind!).

So many that are great choices, each for being major contributors nevermind just for any kind of sentimental reasons.

Went for Trippier, for reasons I've said in his thread previously. I'm not sure many other people's great seasons, e.g. Almiron's, would've happened without him. He's so key to how we've played and won, tactically and mentally.

Pope was another strong shout on the under recognized side. I've lost count of how many points he's kept us in for this season when going behind would've made for a very different game. Too quickly forgotten.

Joelinton is an excellent candidate but he got it last year so I'd rather spread the appreciation seeing as I wouldn't say he's streets ahead of everyone else.