OFFICIAL: Joelinton - Player of the Season 2022/23

Big River

OFFICIAL: Player of the Season 2022/23  

604 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/23 at 11:00

Jo is my favourite but player of the season has to be Schar. Consistently flawless with and without the ball.

No better sight in football than him legally flattening the oppo striker within a millisecond of them touching the ball.

It's Joelinton for me, I think he's the only one that hasn't a bad bit of form, not saying the others have been bad for long stretches but they've had 2-3 games in a row where they've been under par

Whereas Joelinton at most had 1 bad game but it's consistent other than that, plus add in the versatility of playing as part of the front 3 as well as the middle 3

Tripps for me, like. As well as we did last season in his absence, without him we're a different outfit. 

Big Joe and Fabs probably in at 2 and 3. Wilson would've had it if not for the torrid post-WC form. Honourable mentions to King Alex, Botman, and Neek Powp. 

Fucking hell, we're mint!

Went shar....hard choice....until February would have been Bruno....Big Jo Has been immense too...they've all done brilliantly...most improved player this season???? Has to be Murphy for me.

Sean Longstaff for me has played out of his skin all season and has been the flag bearer for the intensity, the press, the style of play and has enabled the likes of Bruno et al to shine. And when he's been out of the side we've not quite looked the same.

Honestly, the levels the guy has hit consistently have been fucking incredible and whilst I feel this may be a slightly different view on things, I can't look past him on this.

Could give an honourable mention to virtually the whole first XI but that's my pick anyway.

6 hours ago, Big River said:

has to be Joelinton, for me. he's just been a total beast all season, regardless of what role he's been asked to play.

honourable mentions for Schar and Trippier.

I ended up going for Joe as well. Really hard this year, Bruno, Cal, Trips are just as key, and even Miggy and Longstaff are worth consideration. Miggy carried us in the beginning of the season, and Longstaff has been Mr Reliable playing in almost every game.

I went for Joe in the end because he's been playing in almost every game as well, and like you said he's been so good no matter what role he's in. Bossing the midfield, and when played as a wide forward he's even been scoring. I can't think of a game where I looked back and thought "well, Joelinton was a bit shit" and I can think of some of those for probably every other player on the team.

Big Joe is a wild talent because he's such a good footballer, he just also happens to be an absolute monster.  

In my mind I was torn between Tripps, Wilson and Bruno before ultimately voting for Trippier. Don't know why Joelinton didn't enter my thought process. Now I'm questioning if I'm watching the game correctly. Because he's been very good, make no mistake, but for me he's just missing some ... je ne sais quoi ... about his game for POTS status? idk. Love him tho. ttyl.

I think it was an easy vote as Big Joe has been incredibly consistent nines and tens out of ten all season.

also, he has been shifted around as and when the team has needed him and has still performed miracles!

Keep it up for another 90 mins at least!!!!

4 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Invite the winner to the end of season do I'm apparently organising for @Rich

if it's Big Joe, we can get him a taxi back [emoji38]

Forgot about that, weren't people wanting him kicked out of the club a few months ago? :lol:

40 minutes ago, thomas said:

In my mind I was torn between Tripps, Wilson and Bruno before ultimately voting for Trippier. Don't know why Joelinton didn't enter my thought process. Now I'm questioning if I'm watching the game correctly. Because he's been very good, make no mistake, but for me he's just missing some ... je ne sais quoi ... about his game for POTS status? idk. Love him tho. ttyl.

I have to agree. Tripps or Bruno not playing means we lose or struggle at the very least. We can go matches without Big Joe though, as much as I love the absolute unit.