Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

18 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Just take a second to remind yourselves of the absolute fucking bullshit we've been through in recent times, and compare that to how amazing this feels. 15 years of Mike Ashley, two relegations, Joe Fucking Kinnear (twice!), Alan Pardew, Steve McCLaren, John Carver, Charnley, Steve Bruce. Remember all those horrible, condecending "interviews" with Ashley and his cronies. Fucking hell do we deserve this, we've all been through the absolute fucking worst of the worst, and to come out on the other side with Champions League football only 18 months later, man it's absolutely fucking incredible.

John Carver. :lol: :suicide:

I'd take literally anybody. Not arsed if truth be told, but personally I'd sooner have the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern.

All about the memories, and I don't doubt we'd be competitive too, although a 'weaker' team from Pot 3 would be welcome so we could at least get 3rd place worst case and drop into Europa.

Dream group;

Dortmund

Real Madrid

Crvena

NUFC

Ill take Feyenoord, Porto and the Serbian team. Can wait with the big name until we get further into the competition.

Would rather not want the extra games from dropping down into Europe League. Going for the Premier League title next year with City hopefully deducted some points ;)

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

Just take a second to remind yourselves of the absolute fucking bullshit we've been through in recent times, and compare that to how amazing this feels. 15 years of Mike Ashley, two relegations, Joe Fucking Kinnear (twice!), Alan Pardew, Steve McCLaren, John Carver, Charnley, Steve Bruce. Remember all those horrible, condecending "interviews" with Ashley and his cronies. Fucking hell do we deserve this, we've all been through the absolute fucking worst of the worst, and to come out on the other side with Champions League football only 18 months later, man it's absolutely fucking incredible.

Newcastle United , who swam through a river of shit and came out the other side ...

giphy.gif.2d9bd41fe9a34ffcd4056d6b9e8ea5d1.gif

Do we think its possible we'll be allowed to do similar to what Frankfurt did at Barca when they had 30k+ in the ground even though they only had 5k official tickets. 

How have peoples past experience of this been with sitting in the home end at European away games? 

Obviously depends who the team is and thus how hostile they'll be but could imagine for example Real Madrid won't be too excited about playing us at home whereas for many of us its the dream tie, could easily see us taking huge numbers to Madrid and would be class if everyone could go to the game. 

4 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Do we think its possible we'll be allowed to do similar to what Frankfurt did at Barca when they had 30k+ in the ground even though they only had 5k official tickets. 

How have peoples past experience of this been with sitting in the home end at European away games? 

Obviously depends who the team is and thus how hostile they'll be but could imagine for example Real Madrid won't be too excited about playing us at home whereas for many of us its the dream tie, could easily see us taking huge numbers to Madrid and would be class if everyone could go to the game. 

Barca aren’t playing at the Nou Camp next season as it’s being redeveloped.

Playing at Montjuic, which holds 55k, unless the plans have changed?

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

Genuinely can't believe this all happened :lol:

Watching court briefing sessions live on the internet and cheering on the barrister, FFS.

Getting into home ends is really down to how hard the home club make it. We were in the home end for Bruges and for that you needed a Belgian IP address for the online application and then you had to collect the tickets from the stadium in advance of the game. Luckily one of the lads had a Brussels office and a bloke bought the tickets and popped over to get them.

We were also in the home end at Herenveen and from memory that was fairly easy.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Yeah that's correct, I was just using them as an example as I remember Frankfurt taking over the Nou Camp. I was wondering what the experience has been like for those who've done away games in Europe and attempted to sit in the home end, or just what people think we can expect for next season trying to do this. 

34 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Ill take Feyenoord, Porto and the Serbian team. Can wait with the big name until we get further into the competition.

Would rather not want the extra games from dropping down into Europe League. Going for the Premier League title next year with City hopefully deducted some points ;)

Europa League knockouts would be great and a legitimate chance to win a trophy. It's also another path to CL qualification, would help our UEFA coefficient, and the potential to earn additional millions.

F737A6CB-5053-4F9E-9657-D221D7715136.thumb.jpeg.9154517b1760544e31bd48367fe16caf.jpeg

Based on the above and some quick google stadium capacity checks, I reckon the following is ballpark what we should expect in terms of minimum allocations for teams currently confirmed in the group stage:

Barcelona - 2750

Napoli - 2736

Dortmund - 4068

PSG - 2485

Benfica - 3232

Feyenoord - 2559

Bayern Munich - 3750

Real Madrid - 4052

Atletico Madrid - 3400

RB Leipzig - 2353

Porto - 2522

Salzburg - 1476

Lazio - 3635

Crvena zvezda - 2650

Sevilla - 2136

Inter/AC Milan - 3790

*as I say, they’re very much just ballpark estimates as a quick search shows Chelsea got 3819 at Dortmund this year and Man City only took 1800 for Madrid (could have been all they wanted like).

Edited by SteV

47 minutes ago, SteV said:

That is correct.

Usually it's rather easy for away fans to get more tickets than the official allocation because Camp Nou only fills up in big games, but it will be harder with 40k less seats. 

5 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

I reckon that there are a few Pot 1&2 teams are hoping that Newcastle out of Pot 4 aren’t in their group!!

And I’d back us to beat any of those teams in pot 3 home and away

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How come we took 15k to the San Siro back in the day then? Bother put a stop to those sorts of allocations then?

They allocations I posted are just estimates at the minimum allocations we could/would get given.

So theoretically Milan or anyone else could give us 15k again if they wanted to, I mean they won’t cos it a different world now and that almost never happens anymore, but they could.

10 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

And I’d back us to beat any of those teams in pot 3 home and away

I think we’re probably a better team than pretty much everyone projected to be in Pot 3 (Lazio are decent tbf) but it’s still a big ask for us as a team not having been in the CL before to be going somewhere like Milan and winning.