Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I don’t think there’s a lot wrong with them TBH. Obviously FL not the man for the job but could see them doing well next season. Really like the look of 31 every time I see him.

I mean are you watching this game :lol:

They have talent, that would be hard to avoid having spent 600m quid but they have probably the worst mentality i've ever seen from a so-called big club. Absolute bunch of losers. I don't know how Poch sorts this out, they're all someone else's signings. Be interesting like.

The thing is, this won’t be like Leeds away where they crowded the box. Chelsea will push up and they will leave space. They also made numerous bad decisions on the ball tonight and that potential is increased given we love to press.

While I don’t see the score being the same as the West Ham game, I could see a repeat in terms of rhythm.

My guess:

Dubravka

Ashby - Lascelles - Botman - Targett

Anderson - Longstaff - Joelinton

Almiron - Wilson - Gordon

Assuming that Joelinton is not injured. Almiron has shown good form lately, and could need a goal for his confidence going into next season. Wilson probably would want to chase the 20 goal mark. Not sure if Trippier will play? Heck, we might even play Dummet at CB. This is difficult to predict.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

I normally hate the expression of being on the beach already, but it does feel like the season has finished, Pope sent off for his operation, Bruno already going to take much needed rest. Thank fuck we aren't stressing about needing points this weekend, dont think I'd cope[emoji38]

Edited by wiseman

8 hours ago, Erikse said:

My guess:

Dubravka

Ashby - Lascelles - Botman - Targett

Anderson - Longstaff - Joelinton

Almiron - Wilson - Gordon

Assuming that Joelinton is not injured. Almiron has shown good form lately, and could need a goal for his confidence going into next season. Wilson probably would want to chase the 20 goal mark. Not sure if Trippier will play? Heck, we might even play Dummet at CB. This is difficult to predict.[emoji38]

Lascelles is out with a calf injury 

I’m sure the Chelsea lads will produce a rousing performance for the Bridge’s favourite son, Frankie de Tory on his last game as a manager. Burst out laughing as I was typing that 

Going to this but also got tickets for Carlisle v Stockport in the League 2 Play Off Final at Wembley as well. That's a 13.30 KO and we are a 16.30 KO so it's going to be tight I reckon. Think we'll end up leaving the match at Wembley a bit before full time just to ensure we get to Stamford Bridge in time.

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m sure the Chelsea lads will produce a rousing performance for the Bridge’s favourite son, Frankie de Tory on his last game as a manager. Burst out laughing as I was typing that 

Dunno, he narrowly failed on the round 10 losses target. 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Going to this but also got tickets for Carlisle v Stockport in the League 2 Play Off Final at Wembley as well. That's a 13.30 KO and we are a 16.30 KO so it's going to be tight I reckon. Think we'll end up leaving the match at Wembley a bit before full time just to ensure we get to Stamford Bridge in time.

Do-able that tbf as long as it doesn't go to ET. Main issue will be getting on the tube if you leave on full time cos of crowd control. So might be best to leave slightly early.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Sounds like a class day. I used to live in Carlisle and was fairly regular there, though find it almost impossible to keep up with anything outside of results when I’m not in the country (though I did watch both games in the semi). Confident of a win on Sunday?