Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Novel feeling of not shitting myself hours before kick off. For me personally, I'd like to see fringe players given a chance. Don't really care about the result, as awful as that sounds

If we were playing anyone like Palace I'd agree about not caring about the result, but we've got a real chance to go to Chelsea and take the piss out of them in their own backyard. I really hope we do. 

18 minutes ago, Willow said:

No pressure today, just have fun, keep a clean sheet and go for a win against a dogshit club. It would be the icing on the best cake we've had in 20 years

Wish Joelinton was playing, what a BOSS he's been for so long now. This comp just reminded me of how vital he is to us:

image.png.86032db07305bd99a08ea5a0deb18707.png

image.png.bb73daa0bb2c2992ef0d77f92b8f3701.png

image.thumb.png.337b3c8461a798c3740c2af7ac6ff977.png

warrior! 🥊

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If we were playing anyone like Palace I'd agree about not caring about the result, but we've got a real chance to go to Chelsea and take the piss out of them in their own backyard. I really hope we do. 

Yeah I definitely get where you're coming from. I guess I'm viewing Chelsea exactly like a Palace right now, with how poor they've been. It'd mean more to beat them if they were their "usual" selves, if you get my meaning? Anyway, I'm sure come kick off I'll change my mind and be desperate for a win as usual :lol:

I just think these sudden 'injuries' and changes to the first team to accommodate various absences, probably means the club isn't massively bothered about the outcome of the match. From a personal stand-point, yeah, it's always nice to annoy teams like Chelsea, especially with everything they've been involved in recently, but I'm not going to lose sleep if we just 'take part' today. We're looking at about £2m in prize money aren't we? So not going to make much difference on that front.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

47 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Yeah I definitely get where you're coming from. I guess I'm viewing Chelsea exactly like a Palace right now, with how poor they've been. It'd mean more to beat them if they were their "usual" selves, if you get my meaning? Anyway, I'm sure come kick off I'll change my mind and be desperate for a win as usual :lol:

I hear ya. But it's the best chance we'll have in a long time to give Chelsea a proper daft slap at their place. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

11 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I just think these sudden 'injuries' and changes to the first team to accommodate various absences, probably means the club isn't massively bothered about the outcome of the match. From a personal stand-point, yeah, it's always nice to annoy teams like Chelsea, especially with everything they've been involved in recently, but I'm not going to lose sleep if we just 'take part' today. We're looking at about £2m in prize money aren't we? So not going to make much difference on that front.

Have you learned nothing re Eddie Howe’s mentality. He’ll put out a team (barring injuries)with a plan to compete and win, nothing less will do :indi:

image.png.08f979a6ea9439e8736085e1160aa8a3.png

Edited by PauloGeordio

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Have you learned nothing re Eddie Howe’s mentality. He’ll put out a team (barring injuries)with a plan to compete and win, nothing less will do :indi:

image.png.08f979a6ea9439e8736085e1160aa8a3.png

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that for a minute. I just meant I don't think it's a disaster if the players are already on their hols, I don't think the club (Eddie excluded) will be too bothered either way.

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that for a minute. I just meant I don't think it's a disaster if the players are already on their hols, I don't think the club (Eddie excluded) will be too bothered either way.

They’ll want to win, obviously other than standards, integrity and pride at stake, there is no pressure for us today! 

Is this the least consequential game since the takeover? Even last year's final game had jeopardy in that Burnley where in a relegation scrap.

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

happy to be given the £2m if the club aren’t bothered about it