Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We need this rabble to get a result vs Man Utd to make this game even have a purpose.

Even if this rabble dont get a result against Man U what's to say that Fulham cant, given that they are 2 places and 9 points better off, as well as Man U having secured CL football by this point and possibly they could ease up a bit?  Even if Man U win on  Thursday i'd still rather play full strength in the hope that we may still get 3rd of the final day.

Pope

Ashby - Schar - Botman - Targett

Longstaff - Bruno - Anderson

Almiron - Isak - Gordon

Bring on Trippier, Joelinton (if fit), ASM, Murphy and Wilson if we need to change things up.

Think we should give Trippier, Bruno and burn a rest would like to see Ashby and Miley start, again would love to play a relatively strong side and try and get 3rd, the prospect of finishing 3rd and finishing above man utd gets me giddy

Play the strongest possible team.

If we are well in front, then we can bring on a few squad players, but not before.

We have lost too many games at Czewsee.

We owe it to Dennis Wise!

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Even if this rabble dont get a result against Man U what's to say that Fulham cant, given that they are 2 places and 9 points better off, as well as Man U having secured CL football by this point and possibly they could ease up a bit?  Even if Man U win on  Thursday i'd still rather play full strength in the hope that we may still get 3rd of the final day.

Man Utd with an FA Cup Final could easily play a scratch team v Fulham if they get something tomorrow. 

Most I've looked forward to being at a game in ages, bizarrely, despite having a ball at almost every game this season.

While I'd love to finish third, all real pressure is off, there's going to be 3,000 of us in the ground and as I understand it a load more in town, and we just get to have one massive party in the backyard of a team who have spent multiples what we have and are nowhere near us right now, all of it being 10 minutes walk from my house, rather than the normal 10 hour round trip. Couldn't have had a better close out to the season from a selfish perspective.

Dubravka

Trippier.  Schar. Botman.  Targett

Bruno Longstaff

Almiron.          Isak.         ASM 

Wilson 

Surely Bruno doesn't play? He's been playing with an injury for a while now as well as running on empty. Give trippier it off as well saying he's likely to be in for the England bollocks

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Surely Bruno doesn't play? He's been playing with an injury for a while now as well as running on empty. Give trippier it off as well saying he's likely to be in for the England bollocks

You'd hope not, but if Willock, Joelinton and Anderson are out, we might not have a choice. 

1 hour ago, jack j said:

I think leaving Pope out is a sign that he may rest others aswell. Atleast if they have been playing with minor injuries.

Few players carrying knocks should be sent of on holiday regardless, including Joelinton, Bruno and perhaps Longstaff

Play 5 at the back if there aren’t enough midfielders for the 3. No need to risk longer term harm to players when the job is done.