Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

IMG_0600.thumb.jpeg.375a9db80d39914b894368622eae2461.jpeg

Lampard points to Newcastle when asked about potential Chelsea resurgence 

Lampard has spoke to the media ahead of Chelsea’s game against Manchester United on Thursday, and was asked whether or not he thinks Chelsea and Liverpool will ‘wake up’ next season.

“I don’t know that because the Premier League moves on very fast,” he said.

“You see the emergence of Newcastle, Brighton, Aston Villa. If you switch it off, it’s not easy to switch it back on.

“I think that will be the test.”

Clueless Frank been looking for Eddie’s “turbo booster” switch! 

Surely Chelsea have good enough players to be a great team again. In the main anyway. 

They just need a manager that fits the “win now” approach they seem to favour. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

18 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Best pubs near Stamford bridge then? Guessing Earls Court is where to go. 

Putney is decent for a pint, though there is only one bar for fans with away colour on I believe. 

Edited by The Prophet

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pudsey is decent for a pint, though there is only one bar for fans with away colour on I believe. 

Putney? Been that way at Fulham (A). Had no bother getting in anywhere. 

7 hours ago, jack j said:

Surely Bruno doesn't play? He's been playing with an injury for a while now as well as running on empty. Give trippier it off as well saying he's likely to be in for the England bollocks

Not sure who plays right back if Trippier doesn't play, Manq wasn't even on the bench on Monday and I don't think I saw him for the lap of honour

Guess Murphy could play there or Ashby but unlikely

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not that I know of now. Could try The Star possibly.

It was mid-renovation when I wandered past on Saturday. Is it open again? 

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Surely Chelsea have good enough players to be a great team again. In the main anyway. 

They just need a manager that fits the “win now” approach they seem to favour. 

It all depends really.

The challenge for Pochettino is figuring out how to play. It’s why I don’t think you can operate in the way Abramovich used to and win stuff anymore.

You need some guiding principles as it relates to who you’re signing. 

If we assume Poch is going for a 3-4-3 you need to find the right partner for Enzo Fernandez and also figure out the CF position. 

Either way, there are several weak areas in that squad and he has to devise a tactic to make the most of those they’ve invested in on long deal and make up for those aforementioned squad weaknesses. 

12 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

It was mid-renovation when I wandered past on Saturday. Is it open again? 

No idea. Not been in since Brazil got knocked out of the WC.

Just now, LFEE said:

No idea. Not been in since Brazil got knocked out of the WC.

:mystery: The taps were all still there, so I'm assuming it's still going to be a bar.

Dubravka

Ashby Burn Dummett Lewis

Longstaff Miley

Gordon    Vuckic     ASM

Isak

I'd be, a tad, gutted to see a red box in that last entry. 

Gutted, ah tell thee. 

We've only been beaten by 4 teams this season, not including cups

Let's keep it that way 😎

image.png.e2ee47f16a3fffdb9b6c6a9417ec5fd1.png

Edited by Groundhog63

I reckon the approach will be fairly dictated by how Man Utd get on tonight. If they win then there will probably be an acceptance of 4th, but if they drop points then will be seen as a more important match.

I'm not too fussed, after fearing we'd lose 4th for a while, I'm just so pleased we are over the line and like the idea of giving others minutes, especially the likes of Miley, but I guess if 3rd is in our hands then more incentive to end on a high. 

A point for MU would probably be the best outcome for those who really want third. They would have secured CL football, but third won't be in their hands and they'd probably have the cup final on their mind, whereas if they lost tonight they'd be going for it on Sunday , and thus, probably more likely to get the 3 points.

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This lot are bobbins, it really just depends how motivated we are.

I don’t think there’s a lot wrong with them TBH. Obviously FL not the man for the job but could see them doing well next season. Really like the look of 31 every time I see him.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I don’t think there’s a lot wrong with them TBH. Obviously FL not the man for the job but could see them doing well next season. Really like the look of 31 every time I see him.

Madueke? He's a good player.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Madueke? He's a good player.

Think so 👍🏻 Young tall wide player. Very promising. Hopefully not wasted over the coming years.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Think so 👍🏻 Young tall wide player. Very promising. Hopefully not wasted over the coming years.

Aye, he tends to pick up a few injuries, but if he can stay fit he should be around the Chelsea and the England team in the coming years.