Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

23 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Do-able that tbf as long as it doesn't go to ET. Main issue will be getting on the tube if you leave on full time cos of crowd control. So might be best to leave slightly early.

Planning on leaving around 85 minutes to beat the crowds back to the tube. If we get caught up in all that we've no chance I reckon!

20 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Sounds like a class day. I used to live in Carlisle and was fairly regular there, though find it almost impossible to keep up with anything outside of results when I’m not in the country (though I did watch both games in the semi). Confident of a win on Sunday?

We usually go to watch them when NUFC aren't playing. Got to 7 games this season. Really good day out on the train and I'm always amazed at the amount of NUFC fans who jump on the train at Wylam, Prudhoe, Hexham etc doing exactly the same as we are!

Think it's pretty much 50/50 for Sunday. Maybe Stockport very slight favourites.

All I wanted was top 4 secured with a game to go so that you could just enjoy the final match and the week leading up to it, not be nervous, and just have a rare match with very little jeopardy, and that's what we've got.

It would be nice to end on a high, and perhaps still take 3rd, but once CL football became even half realistic, it was all about wrapping that up, and we have, so if we were to lose comfortably on Sunday then so be it. Heading into the Brighton match only one point clear of Liverpool, and a good chance it would remain at one or two by FT, with Liverpool winning 7 matches in a row at that time, I didn't think we'd be in this position of having a 'nothing' match. Not sure my nerves could have handled it if we were level with them or only a point clear and pretty much had to win :lol:

13 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We usually go to watch them when NUFC aren't playing. Got to 7 games this season. Really good day out on the train and I'm always amazed at the amount of NUFC fans who jump on the train at Wylam, Prudhoe, Hexham etc doing exactly the same as we are!

Think it's pretty much 50/50 for Sunday. Maybe Stockport very slight favourites.

Yeah, I'm from Tynedale and always like getting to the odd Carlisle match each season. Tends to be either nearer the start, or end of the season when the weather is usually better, and Saturday 3pm - went to the Elliot Anderson Bristol Rovers match last season, and the Northampton match a few weeks ago. It's good how the ground is only like a 15 minute walk from the city centre.

Newcastle have never played them in the PL era (my time), and apart from our first relegation season when they were in L1, we've always been at least two leagues higher, usually 3, and once even 4, so I've never seen them as a threat or a rival, and the very definition of a 'second' club.

Hopefully they can get back into League One next season. Paul Simpson really has done a cracking job.

Dubravka

Schar.   Botman. Burn

Murphy.    Longstaff  Bruno. Targett

Gordon.     Isak.     ASM 

try something different. With Wilson and Miggy off the bench. 

Hope Maxi and Gordon get a go from the start. Not that bothered otherwise.

Can see a change in system if we're as short in midfield as it sounds. Funnily enough the last time we went to a back 3 was this fixture last year as the whole midfield was injured.

29 minutes ago, GWN said:

I think 7/4 Chelsea is an outstanding bet to win 

It does look good value, although it's one of the shortest prices available. Currently 19/10 and 9/5 at some well known places.

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

It does look good value, although it's one of the shortest prices available. Currently 19/10 and 9/5 at some well known places.

Just think with a depleted team , job done attitude it looks ripe for Chelsea to win.

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Just think with a depleted team , job done attitude it looks ripe for Chelsea to win.

Can see it, the players have done their jobs and might be on Holiday - however on the Chelsea side they’ll have a load of players just desperate for the season to end, some of them will be planning to leave in the summer too - Chelsea might also fall to bits

6 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Done both his hammys in the early hours of Wednesday morning according to Twitter.

Well, I meant apart from that tripe. [emoji38]

I can’t get why people want to play players who’ve played about 5 minutes football all season. It’s a premier league fixture,a lot of fans have paid good money to go to London. Play the best team possible and go all out to win.