Rossi keen to get the F&^* out of dodge

Dokko

Rossi keen to build on Newcastle experience

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,293-2520899,00.html

Giuseppe Rossi is relishing the prospect of returning to Manchester United next week and cementing a regular place in Sir Alex Ferguson’s first-team squad. The Italy Under-21 forward admitted last night that his four-month loan spell at Newcastle United has not been as productive as he anticipated, having started only three league matches for Glenn Roeder’s side.

Rossi, 19, could still participate in Newcastle’s visit to Goodison Park on Saturday, but his thoughts have already turned to playing an active role in United’s battle with Chelsea to win the championship.

“I’m looking forward to going back to Old Trafford,” he said. “I’ve spoken to Sir Alex and I hope that there will be opportunities for me to play when I go back. That’s my main priority now, that’s all I’m thinking about. He has said he wants to have a big squad of players in the second half of the season and there might be an opportunity for me to show what I can do.

“I’ll always have fond memories of the Newcastle fans. They are so passionate and whenever we have gone away they have followed us in their thousands, but I’m not thinking of coming back, I’m only thinking about Manchester United.”

Rossi’s experiences at St James’ Park have been mixed. “It has helped me coming to Newcastle,” he said. “I’d have liked to have played more games, which has been a little frustrating, but I believe that you take something from every experience, whether it is good or bad.

“I’ve enjoyed myself, I’ve had a few games under my belt, but it was only ever about coming here and taking that experience back with me to Manchester United. That was the purpose of the move.”

The big head freak is off to win some trophies with the scum.

Kinda depressing.

From the evidence I've seen, he'll fart about in MU reserves, get the odd ten minutes and be peddled withing three years.

The next David Bellion tbh.

Kinda depressing.

Fair enough, the lad was willing and ready, never let us down when played, only GR didn't use him.

He'll get more games with Manu i reckon, Fergie will use him as he trusts him, something GR never did.

Kinda depressing.

From the evidence I've seen, he'll fart about in MU reserves, get the odd ten minutes and be peddled withing three years.

No chance.

Better than Saha or Smith in the future, nowhere near Rooney or Ronaldo though.

Rossi is a keeper for Manu, and one to watch for years to come, if we signed him permanently i'd be buzzing.

Kinda depressing.

No chance.

Rossi is a keeper for Manu, and one to watch for years to come, if we signed him permanently i'd be buzzing.

Not having a pop but what evidence are you basing that on? Yeah he scores loads for the reserves but so did our very own Paul Brayson! He had a good shift v Portsmouth in the cup but otherwise (in his admittedly limited chances) he looked weak and not particular pacey. Given the relatively youthful partnership of Saha and Rooney i would say the kids of chances first team football at Old Trafford are small.

Kinda depressing.

No chance.

Not having a pop but what evidence are you basing that on? Yeah he scores loads for the reserves but so did our very own Paul Brayson! He had a good shift v Portsmouth in the cup but otherwise (in his admittedly limited chances) he looked weak and not particular pacey. Given the relatively youthful partnership of Saha and Rooney i would say the kids of chances of first team football at Old Trafford are small.

Last season he looked class anytime he played, taking shots from all over the joint scoring a couple of goals to boot. Not bad for a 18 year old adapting to a new life and league, and starting his career, on of Manu's more promising prospects for a while.

Expected more from him but of course he was in a team of real quality under a manager who knows what he is doing last season.

we couldve gave the time we gave him to luque,try and let him settle in before we think of selling him,and maybe raise his price a bit..

In all honesty it would have done the club better to give Carrol the odd 10 minutes here and there rather than grooming a MUFC player. Its not as iff bringing on Rossi ever changed a game.

we couldve gave the time we gave him to luque,try and let him settle in before we think of selling him,and maybe raise his price a bit..

In all honesty it would have done the club better to give Carrol the odd 10 minutes here and there rather than grooming a MUFC player. Its not as iff bringing on Rossi ever changed a game.

I agree with that, much rather we blood our own.

Boo Boo, i bet you a fiver Rossi starts more games in the league for the rest of the season than he did here.

Dont know how many he got here, but i guarantee Fergie out of pure principle will start him more just to say what a waste to GR one more time.

I think Rossi only started a couple of times. The home games v Charlton and Sheff Utd sound familiar. I would imagine Fergie will start Rossi in the FA Cup but only injuries will see him start league games, especially since they now have Larsson for a few months.

Edit- just checked. Only two league starts for us in the two horror shows at SJP in October.

agree,u see anyone of our youngsters wouldve did it for me,but roeder had to bring another clubs talent and help him get better so in the future,he will be scoring goals against us!!

F***ing stupid..

Roeder did not bring young Rossi here to blood him. Roeder expected him to produce immediately and Rossi duly did so for us. Starred against Porstmouth and Charlton, did very well against Chelsea, tried hard to no avail against Sheffield. Rossi had contributed to our club, and who care whether he is young or old, a buy or a loanee!? He is here to buy us time and now January is just a few days away. If Carroll or Troisi are as good as Rossi shouldn't have come. But they are not.

He is also free. Who else could have done much better than Rossi? The likes of Viduka etc will cost considerably in wages and they are not even playing well for their own clubs.

Kinda depressing.

No chance.

Not having a pop but what evidence are you basing that on? Yeah he scores loads for the reserves but so did our very own Paul Brayson! He had a good shift v Portsmouth in the cup but otherwise (in his admittedly limited chances) he looked weak and not particular pacey. Given the relatively youthful partnership of Saha and Rooney i would say the kids of chances of first team football at Old Trafford are small.

Last season he looked class anytime he played, taking shots from all over the joint scoring a couple of goals to boot. Not bad for a 18 year old adapting to a new life and league, and starting his career, on of Manu's more promising prospects for a while.

Expected more from him but of course he was in a team of real quality under a manager who knows what he is doing last season.

With goals coming against the might of Sunderland, Barnet and Burton Albion.

Kinda depressing.

No chance.

3 goals then, better than i thought.  :thup:

Kinda depressing.

No chance.

3 goals then, better than i thought.  :thup:

4 - 2 against Burton.

Kinda depressing.

Legend, never thought I'd see the day Sunderland managed to screw Man Utd out of £3M for a shit player, whose only asset was he had pace.  Although he did score the winner in one of our 4 wins in our 19 points season, so fair play to the lad.

On Rossi, I was impressed with him when we played Man Utd at the SoL last season and he scored (deflected effort though). Though he looked a tricky little player with an intelligent football mind, and that was just from about 15 minutes.  Man Utd seem to think he's one for the future as well, but at 19 Man Utd forked £30M (?) for Wayne Rooney!  I thought the lad would have been given more time during his loan spell as Ameobi has been injured virtually all season hasn't he?  as has Owen.  And with only Sibierski and Martins ahead of him I would have though rotation would have been a good option to keep them all fit.  But Glenn knows best.

Kinda depressing.

Legend, never thought I'd see the day Sunderland managed to screw Man Utd out of £3M for a shit player, whose only asset was he had pace.  Although he did score the winner in one of our 4 wins in our 19 points season, so fair play to the lad.

On Rossi, I was impressed with him when we played Man Utd at the SoL last season and he scored (deflected effort though). Though he looked a tricky little player with an intelligent football mind, and that was just from about 15 minutes.  Man Utd seem to think he's one for the future as well, but at 19 Man Utd forked £30M (?) for Wayne Rooney!  I thought the lad would have been given more time during his loan spell as Ameobi has been injured virtually all season hasn't he?  as has Owen.  And with only Sibierski and Martins ahead of him I would have though rotation would have been a good option to keep them all fit.  But Glenn knows best.

Totally off topic - but that sentence has cheered me up no end. Fucking magic.  :lol: :lol:

Kinda depressing.

Totally off topic - but that sentence has cheered me up no end. F***ing magic.  :lol: :lol:

Here to help  :winking:

Kinda depressing.

Totally off topic - but that sentence has cheered me up no end. F***ing magic.  :lol: :lol:

Here to help  :winking:

Any more memories you care to share with us concerning your 15 point season?  :cool: