How much will we spend in the Summer 2023 transfer window?

Rich

How much will Newcastle United spend in the Summer 2023 transfer window?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. How much will Newcastle United spend in the Summer 2023 transfer window?

£141m-£160m, never trust what anyone at the club or local journos say about it, they’re never going to be honest/brief the journos accurately in a bid to keep prices down. 

Edited by LiquidAK

Getting top 4 felt massive to the entire club, like a genuinely game-changing success and put us way ahead of schedule as acknowledged by Howe. I just don't see us NOT taking advantage this summer by going pretty big and trying to cement top 5 or 6 next season too. I'd expect most of the dollar to be spent from July onwards (next accounting year I think?) and they can concentrate on growing the income to compensate in the future.

£140m+ net

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Getting top 4 felt massive to the entire club, like a genuinely game-changing success and put us way ahead of schedule as acknowledged by Howe. I just don't see us NOT taking advantage this summer by going pretty big and trying to cement top 5 or 6 next season too. I'd expect most of the dollar to be spent from July onwards (next accounting year I think?) and they can concentrate on growing the income to compensate in the future.

£140m+ net

What did Howe say on this point?

28 minutes ago, midds said:

£140m+ net

It will be on the next accounting year, as Willock’s summer transfer and the permanent deals for Targett and Pope were covered in the 2021/22 accounts. Botman was completed on the 1st July as requested by Lille so sits in the 2022/23 accounts.

I have been reading an article from the Athletic that was published a few months ago and they said then about it being in the £60m - £80m range which was the amount earmarked for last summer, we can go above that but the concern is that we do what Everton did and go to the FFP limit too quickly which hinders ourselves in following windows.

Edited by Matt1892

16 minutes ago, midds said:

Think it was straight after Leicester? 

Or maybe I just heard what I wanted to hear :lol:

Haha, maybe. It was a genuine question, would be exciting if he confirmed something like that, given how disinclined he is to hype ordinarily 

If we sign someone ambitious early in the window we might end up getting 3x circa £50m players but if we struggle to make a break through then it will be a push to get 2. We are clearly looking at a very small pool of players.

Somewhere between 160-180.. it’s not important. The club have shown they are patient and are no mugs in terms of spending cash. Other clubs know this now too.

We all have players we’ve seen that we’d like to see in black n white but we know little compared to our manager in terms of what will work, who will work etc.

We could spend 75m on 2 players and have a stronger squad than last season. We’re in good shape no matter what happens.

I suspect players will need to leave anyway which is probably what Dan Ashworth is looking at first.