Telephone Interviews

Ally

call centre job?  bluelaugh.gif

No.

I always talk really quickly on the phone, will have to sort that out or they won't understand a word I say!

Aye good point Jon, they're probably nervous themselves. At least I can have a load of 'homework' in front of me as opposed to in a face-to-face where you have to remember it all.

Guest Gemmill

At least your face won't put them off, Ally.

I've never had one of these though - I presume I haven't been applying for silly enough jobs.  bluebigrazz.gif

It would be quality, have a few drinks in the pub and abit of craic with your mates for confidence and to relax yourself, they wont smell the drink, hell you dont even have to get all spruced up for it :D guarenteed job tbh if you say the right things

well what kind of a job involves a telephone interview FFS?

Christ.

Its the first stage like, if you impress you have to go to an assessment centre. Its their loss Gem, if they saw my face i'd be GUARANTEED the job.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Christ.

Its the first stage like, if you impress you have to go to an assessment centre. Its their loss Gem, if they saw my face i'd be GUARANTEED the job.

Monsters Inc.

Guest Gemmill

Christ.

Monsters Inc.

:lol:

Christ.

Monsters Inc.

Before a bought a pub off a brewery I had to do a preliminary phone interview. They have 20 questions or so that they ask.  It was very laid back and easy, I wouldn`t worry too much at all.

Christ.

Monsters Inc.

Before a bought a pub off a brewery I had to do a preliminary phone interview. They have 20 questions or so that they ask.  It was very laid back and easy, I wouldn`t worry too much at all.

Some of the questions would have been interesting, I bet. 'Cos it's over the phone you have a better chance to get away with a lie, anarl.

Like....

Q. Are likely to drink the profits?

A. No, I drink from the slop tray or I minesweep.

Just been told i've got one of these next week, presume people on here have done them before.

Are they as scary as i'm imagining?  blueeek.gif

from the 1 ive had, it was piss.

I didnt prepare at all, I just answered questions & was alot less nervous than i will be in person!

Guest Invicta_Toon

blatanly just an exercise to sift the retards from the halfwits, who are then eliminated by multi-choice at the assessment centre

basically a concequence of any old fuckwit being able to get a GCSE these days

It makes sense really, I would guess a strong majoriy of people would be a hell of a lot more nervous with a face to face interview than they would be with anything they come across in their job. With a telephone interview first at least they know you aren't always the jibbering wreck that turns up for the face to face, also a good way to see someones telephone skills first hand. The amount of people this company has employed in the past who are alright at their jobs but complete retards on the phone is shocking!

Guest Gemmill

It makes sense really, I would guess a strong majoriy of people would be a hell of a lot more nervous with a face to face interview than they would be with anything they come across in their job. With a telephone interview first at least they know you aren't always the jibbering wreck that turns up for the face to face, also a good way to see someones telephone skills first hand. The amount of people this company has employed in the past who are alright at their jobs but complete retards on the phone is shocking!

If someone is worth employing they would want to not be a gibbering wreck when you meet them in person I would have thought.  If you can interact with people in person, you can speak on a phone.  Unless you're an absolute mong.  Surely?

blatanly just an exercise to sift the retards from the halfwits, who are then eliminated by multi-choice at the assessment centre

basically a concequence of any old fuckwit being able to get a GCSE these days

Bet your educational background is sterling.

Guest Gemmill
:lol:  Ally bristling at the fact that his skills are being questioned.  If you pass the phone interview we'll know you aren't a complete retard, Ally. blueyes.gif  It will remain to be seen whether you are a halfwit though.  bluebigrazz.gif

:lol:  Ally bristling at the fact that his skills are being questioned.  If you pass the phone interview we'll know you aren't a complete retard, Ally. blueyes.gif  It will remain to be seen whether you are a halfwit though.  bluebigrazz.gif

:lol: Cheeky twat!

If someone is worth employing they would want to not be a gibbering wreck when you meet them in person I would have thought.  If you can interact with people in person, you can speak on a phone.  Unless you're an absolute mong.  Surely?

For me personally and a lot of people I know an interview is something you would get more nervous about than a lot more things. I would be much more comfortable in my job doing anything I have to do (including talking to a group of people) than having a job interview. Maybe "gibbering wreck" was a bit of an extreme way of saying it but surely you must come across a little more nervous in an interview than you would when actually doing the job?

Guest Gemmill

For me personally and a lot of people I know an interview is something you would get more nervous about than a lot more things. I would be much more comfortable in my job doing anything I have to do (including talking to a group of people) than having a job interview. Maybe "gibbering wreck" was a bit of an extreme way of saying it but surely you must come across a little more nervous in an interview than you would when actually doing the job?

I'm quite lucky cos I don't get nervous for interviews in the slightest.  When you know you're the best candidate for the job, what's to be nervous about?  bluebigrazz.gif