Good defenders for a fair price

Ikon

Rober Kovac would be my first choice for a new CB in januari. For this and another season. Would be really cheap i think..

A better and cheaper option than Upson or Distin..

I would also try to get Grygera, another cheap option but quality and in a good age. But i guess he would be quite hard to attract due to some interest from some big clubs. How is Jankulovski doing these days?? Does he get enough games these days or maybe he would like a transfer?

I know these may not be Roeders targets, almost for sure. But i think all those three would be good signings for a fair price..

Rather than Spending £7m on Baines or Bale. For that sum you could get allt those three players i believe..almost anyway..

And they would add quality and experience and improve our team instantly.

Im not saying we could get all those three but worth a shot imo. Would add numbers to our squad and quality.

Opinions??

7m would get you Grygera, Jankulovski and Kovac?

WTF?  In Football Manager world maybes....

I DONT PLAY FM!

Grygeras contract ends in the summer and he's already stated that he wont extend that and he will leave in januari or in the summer at the latest and ajax has accepted his decision about his future.

Robert Kovac is born 74 and isn't a regular starter for Juventus. I bet he would cost £100m

Jankulovski could be available for around £3-4m i believe (ih he hasn't played that much this season?)

And i wrote "For that sum you could get allt those three players i believe..almost anyway.."

7m would get you Grygera, Jankulovski and Kovac?

WTF?  In Football Manager world maybes....

I DONT PLAY FM!

Grygeras contract ends in the summer and he's already stated that he wont extend that and he will leave in januari or in the summer at the latest and ajax has accepted his decision about his future.

Robert Kovac is born 74 and isn't a regular starter for Juventus. I bet he would cost £100m

Jankulovski could be available for around £3-4m i believe (ih he hasn't played that much this season?)

And i wrote "For that sum you could get allt those three players i believe..almost anyway.."

Ouch!

Kovac for free i would take, maybe.

But you've got to consider Boumsong is keeping him out of the team if he isn't playing, is that someone we want?

Besides am sure Boom will tell every Juve player never to join Newcastle, ever.

Grygera fee needs to be minimal, is he a CB or RB? or both?

But you've got to consider Boumsong is keeping him out of the team if he isn't playing, is that someone we want?

Well it wasn't that long ago since i saw Kovac play. And everytime i have seen him play he's done well. And he is 10 times the player compared to Boumsong (boum for us), and im not sure that Boumsong has played that much either has he?

The last time i saw Kovac play was against England in Croatia.

Grygera can play both as RB and CB. But i have only seen him play RB. And i think he's quality..

Well it wasn't that long ago since i saw Kovac play. An he was 10 times the player compared to Boumsong, and im not sure that Boumsong has played that much either has he?

The last time i saw Kovac play was against England in Croatia.

Grygera can play both as RB and CB. But i have only seen him play RB. And i think he's quality..

Boom has played almost every game iirc, and doing well.

Boom has played almost every game iirc, and doing well.

Ok...Well maybe he needed a fresh challenge..And DD is their manager ;)

But from what i have seen of Kovac he's a good defender for this season and maybe another. Because i guess we wont have that much money in januari either.

The way i see it is that there wont be too many players available in januari with quality for a fair price.

And spending £7m+ on Baines or Bale (maybe not as much) and also go for a CB like Distin, Upson, Knight or whoever we have been linked with for quite a few millions (if there even is money for both positions?)

Then i would rather go for Kovac for a much cheaper price and invest the money on more players instead and await the summer before making any expensive signings.

We need many positions to strengthen. And that would improve our team/squad alot more than blowing all money on a expensive LB or CB.

In the summer there is alot more players available and more time to plan which signings to go with.

Sometimes you have to have some ice in the stomach, and not blow everything you have on the first best option.

That may result in more success in the future. At least for a better summer when it comes to spending when you have some money left to play with

Thats what been wrong for this club many times imo. Not looking more on the bigger picture of it. Making too many "impulsive" buys (is that what you call it in english?)

Thats my opinion anyway

just saw a report that distin has rejected any further contract talks with manchester city because that won't meet his 50K a week wage demand....

want to see us sure up at least 1 outside back, but distin wouldn't be a bad addition.  i think taylor and distin could form a solid partnership in the heart of defense with gareth bale out left? and nobby on the right

just saw a report that distin has rejected any further contract talks with manchester city because that won't meet his 50K a week wage demand....

want to see us sure up at least 1 outside back, but distin wouldn't be a bad addition.  i think taylor and distin could form a solid partnership in the heart of defense with gareth bale out left? and nobby on the right

Does Distin think some fool out there will offer him £50kpw?

Baines. :thup: :thup: :thup:

If we want good defenders and a good defense, it's about time we started paying for one. Boom excluded, of course.

£7m on Baines is a fair price for a good defender.

If we don't pay good money... expect more Babas.

Does Distin think some fool out there will offer him £50kpw?

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

:oops:

Guest eyeball_tickler

aaron hughes! if villa buy some defenders in the window, he could be worth a sly "solano style" enquiry.

Injured - maybe for a while.

physio room says he is doubtful for the next game. if woodgate passed his real madrid medical, surely a half dead hughes can battle through his.

Baines. :thup: :thup: :thup:

If we want good defenders and a good defense, it's about time we started paying for one. Boom excluded, of course.

£7m on Baines is a fair price for a good defender.

If we don't pay good money... expect more Babas.

I agree :thup:

Good things dont come cheap,especially young defenders :)

Distin and Baines(Bale)would be good signings in defence until the summer

Grygera is an option and he wont be too expensiveif he is free agent in the summer.The question is does Roeder set his signs out there :confused:

I wont risk with Kovac though

Is the concept of looking things up on t'internet really so difficult to understand? It would help people to stop wild assumptions. Because Jankulovski is the defender who has played the most games for AC Milan so far this season. Maybe that is were the theory of getting him for 3-4m already falls into pieces...

Same as for suggesting to go for van Buyten who only a couple of months ago went for 10.5m Euro to Bayern Munich.

And people wonder why they get accused on making their suggestions based on computer games...

aaron hughes! if villa buy some defenders in the window, he could be worth a sly "solano style" enquiry.

He's not even getting a regular game for them man. Rose tinted specs, etc.

Villa fans think he is shite and would more than likely be happy to let him come back for free. No thanks!

Is the concept of looking things up on t'internet really so difficult to understand? It would help people to stop wild assumptions. Because Jankulovski is the defender who has played the most games for AC Milan so far this season. Maybe that is were the theory of getting him for 3-4m already falls into pieces...

Same as for suggesting to go for van Buyten who only a couple of months ago went for 10.5m Euro to Bayern Munich.

And people wonder why they get accused on making their suggestions based on computer games...

FFS thats why i asked if Jankulovski has played alot this season because i have not followed Serie A closely this season. In earlier seasons where he's not been playing much at all hw wouldn't of been impossible to attract. And i dont think he would of cost a fortune at that time.

And i dont play computer games  :winking:

Why didn't you read my post before laughing at my suggestion?