Cricket

The College Dropout

Guest smoggeordie

I love cricket, its the most skillful sport on the planet (opening up a debate i know, but it's my opinion)

Guest Papa Lazaru

Cricket's great and i can happilly watch all 5 days of a test (or 4 days more likely at the rate they play now!)

As said earlier its a game that is bets enjoyed once you really have a grasp of all the rules, positions, tactics, pitches, types of bowling and many other factors which takes time.

However i can see how its a love/hate thing, that some people can watch for a week and others can't stand!

Guest northwestmag1892

Cricket's great and i can happilly watch all 5 days of a test (or 4 days more likely at the rate they play now!)

As said earlier its a game that is bets enjoyed once you really have a grasp of all the rules, positions, tactics, pitches, types of bowling and many other factors which takes time.

However i can see how its a love/hate thing, that some people can watch for a week and others can't stand!

I agree. Modern time tests are more like one-dayers in terms of batting pace/tactics.

Nowt better than on a sunny Sunday afternoon taking my bairn down to watch my local (good quality - some county players) side over a pint of Stella and have a knock with him in the nets.  bluebiggrin.gif

.. certainly beats being on the Toon footie board getting depressed at the lack of "in" transfer activity

Guest Kitty-Sniper

aye but surrey lions are utter crap at the minute. I was there at the leicstershire game though, my first of the season (but i missed the Brown century :lol: ) amazed they actually won.

I'm a cricket convert, i used to detest it. When my dad used to put it on I'd cringe and go somewhere else. Really hated it. I started watching the one day ones, and i thought I'd like cricket if it was as fast as this. I started watching this test and i absolutely love cricket, my dads got me up too speed with all of the rules and i think it's why i didn't enjoy it originally, not knowing them. I've watched it from the start of the day until the end, and everyday since it started  bluedead.gif and I'm absolutely hooked, i get genuinely excited when we hit a six, or get one of the Aussies out. I'll definitely be watching after the ashes too!!

Guest ShearersElbow

Playing it is top banana love a good game, can't really watch a whole test apart from teh Ashes ones, always watch the highlights though, perfect background telly for having a day long piss up.

Cricket is the dogs bollocks. It's a shame people don't have patience these days, with your flashing lights and things, argh!

Great sport when you understand it, as is Formula 1.

Guest Micktoon

The sporting equivalent of smashing yourself in the face with a housebrick repeatedly for 'entertainment'  :wink:

Go on then prove your theory.

The sporting equivalent of smashing yourself in the face with a housebrick repeatedly for 'entertainment' :wink:

Go on then prove your theory.

He already has by the look of him. ;)

Joke. :p

:lol:

i love it.  my second favourite sport after football.

but although prefer to watch football on telly, i think watching a live international is a far better day out than a visit to st james.

the banter at the cricket is like an away football game, expect it lasts all day and you can have a good old drink while you watch the action.

i was at the last two days at edgbaston and it was superb. my best two day outs of the year so far.