He was decent when he first came into the side, then slowly dropped his levels to the point where he became unpickable. Not a bad player, just not a consistently good player. I wouldn't consider his batting to be a high standard anymore either.

He's weirdly consistent with the ball tbh (you'll not get many bad ones, certainly no Dom Bess esque full tosses)

I think the issue with Moeen has been the mental side of the game and its these issues that have dogged him these last few years - he has so much self doubt, especially with his bowling - he actually has all the tools - spin, drift, control that you need in a spinner, which puts him head and shoulders above all the English spinners - just sad he has all these mental issues and continuous self doubt

By the way Michael Vaughan is a twat for criticising - so insensitive

Its actually kind of pissed me off with certain people in the media saying its not right that we're allowing these players to go home and they're not there for every game. They're humans, they're not robots, we have 85 days of test cricket alone this year, along with various ODI and T20 series, and a month and half long T20 World Cup, as well as the One Day players playing in the IPL as practice for said World Cup, all of these being in bio secure hotels, needing quarantining for however long that country is needed.

I get that its there job, but lockdown is bad enough, let alone being away from family, being stuck in a hotel room /cricket pitch, we need to give these players a break at some point, otherwise they're going to massively burn out, and atleast the ECB are trying to be proactive about stopping that happening.

RE Moeen - just reading that he was only on the Test tour for the first 2 tests - was asked to stay on but he chose to go back home - no other cricketer has been asked this - so fair enough for Moeen to return home imo

Where is this btw?  The way they've worded this and communicated it out is dreadful.

RE Moeen - just reading that he was only on the Test tour for the first 2 tests - was asked to stay on but he chose to go back home - no other cricketer has been asked this - so fair enough for Moeen to return home imo

Where is this btw?  The way they've worded this and communicated it out is dreadful.

See my link above ^

Has any sporting individual ever gone down in people’s estimations since retiring since Vaughan? Absolute tosser.

For me, it’s Darren Gough. My cricketing hero growing up. Turns out he’s an absolute stroker.

Vaughan is definitely worse, mind. Seems like an awful bloke. Proper horrible twat.

I really dont get the IPL Auctions, how can Dawid Malan, the current number 1 T20 batsmen go for £148k, yet Tom Curran goes for £520k. :lol:

I watched most of that yesterday and it's ridiculous. If you only bat, and don't bowl at all, you seemed to have little chance of being picked up yesterday. Granted Aaron Finch is out of form, but Finch, Hales and Roy are three of the most explosive opening batters in T20. All three went unsold.