Hunting with the traditional English longbow.

Parky

Been in the woods for a couple of days with some traditional weapons. bluedead.gif Friend of mine here makes them as a hobby. Bit scary at first as they are a bastard to actually 'pull', but feck does the arrow travel at some speed.

2 rabbits for the stew.

bluebiggrin.gif

Been in the woods for a couple of days with some traditional weapons. bluedead.gif Friend of mine here makes them as a hobby. Bit scary at first as they are a bastard to actually 'pull', but feck does the arrow travel at some speed.

2 rabbits for the stew.

bluebiggrin.gif

How are you going to cook them Parky? bluebiggrin.gif

2 rabbits for the stew.

bluebiggrin.gif

Just boiled gently with some veg and a stock cube. Tasty.

2 rabbits for the stew.

bluebiggrin.gif

Much better to add some red wine, bacon and prunes even tastier!.

Guest Verlaine

In a way, there's a lot more to be admired in killing the meat you eat yourself, rather than going to a supermarket or butcher. For the vegetarians, the same could apply to growing and harvesting your own vegetables.

2 rabbits for the stew.

bluebiggrin.gif

Much better to add some red wine, bacon and prunes even tastier!.

That sounds fantastic!! blueyes.gif

In a way, there's a lot more to be admired in killing the meat you eat yourself, rather than going to a supermarket or butcher. For the vegetarians, the same could apply to growing and harvesting your own vegetables.

There is a tipping point where your hunger overcomes your (my) guilt. :lol:

traditional eh ? how traditional with the string ? and what did he use for horn noks?

He doesn't use a nylon/synthetic derivative which gives more power, its more a leather/gut approach.

No idea what horn noks are.

I think it was a Yew bow and cedar arrows if you're interested.

traditional eh ? how traditional with the string ? and what did he use for horn noks?

He doesn't use a nylon/synthetic derivative which gives more power, its more a leather/gut approach.

No idea what horn noks are.

I think it was a Yew bow and cedar arrows if you're interested.

More rascism from Parky - the Longbow was an invention of the Welsh NOT the English...  :roll:

Why you gotta be down on my Celtic brothers like that?

It was actually used by Germanic tribes in the German/Swiss Alps before the Welsh. There are various versions of it. It was later generically termed the 'English' longbow as it was used very successfully in battle especially against the French.

I wonder where Parky stood on the hunting ban

This is a different kind of hunting Vic.

killing animals for pleasure is WRONG parky - and you know it............... 

Only kill if I am eating it as well. And beleive me we were starving. bluebigrazz.gif

Guest optimistic nit

I wonder where Parky stood on the hunting ban

This is a different kind of hunting Vic.

blueyes.gif