Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

So, Paul Mitchell is sort of tied to where I live via him having kids with a local bird. 

He drinks in a certain pub because of said family ties. I’ve been invited to meet him and have a chat via the landlord - however I don’t think he’s ready for the questions I might ask.

Sorry for being vague but happy to answer an questions asked directly.

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

So, Paul Mitchell is sort of tied to where I live via him having kids with a local bird. 

He drinks in a certain pub because of said family ties. I’ve been invited to meet him and have a chat via the landlord - however I don’t think he’s ready for the questions I might ask.

What are the questions you might have for him? I look forward to reading the answers.

“Have you got a charizard shiny? And if so, what’s your price?”

”You’re on the toilet mid-shit and you hear an intruder enter your house. Do you finish the shit and then approach them or do you accost them with the brown stuff taking centre stage?”

4 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

Just don't be a prick and if the bloke clearly can't be arsed with the interrogation then leave him alone :thup:

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

”You’re on the toilet mid-shit and you hear an intruder enter your house. Do you finish the shit and then approach them or do you accost them with the brown stuff taking centre stage?”

I vote for leave the throne room immediately, gentle neck punch, leg sweep then bit of face sitting (pay attention to nasal positioning) to finish the job (-by). Am I right? 

p.s. can the intruder please be Louise Taylor?

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

5 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

The Raby, btw, lads

7 hours ago, timnufc22 said:

Mitchell does come across as a blagger, with all of his corporate buzz words and phrases. That sounds harsh and is a surface level judgement. But his actions this summer (or lack of) have backed up this impression.

I appreciate you could point to his work at other clubs, but I’d also argue that hopping from club to club for short periods also leads into the chancer impression he gives. How much of that work actually stemmed from him as well? We know football is full of blaggers who, incredibly, charm their way to the highest levels. Again, I know this may sound harsh, but I fear he is one of them.

I’d also say the actions of Eales during the last year tells me he is incompetent; his handling of the Mitchell / Howe relationship - clearly minimal communication with Howe over the whole thing - was ridiculous (which led to Howe publicly expressing his uncertainty). 

I fear we’re being ran by incompetent people and PIF need to start again with the boardroom. 

Somewhat incredible how every part of this is a wrong impression

I agree it’s not a great look for a new sporting director regarding this recent window but with his contacts and seeming ability to unearth talent/good deals he’s probably exactly what we need in this ridiculous PSR world. I don’t get writing him off at all.

That said similar to my post on Eales, he with the others needs to sit down and analyse errors and work out what they do from here on on - namely maximising the january window to help us finish in Europe of better. There clearly needs to be a better plan of attack where everyone is on board. If we throw this season away because of the summer window then we really are looking at massive upheaval squad wise next summer. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

40 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I vote for leave the throne room immediately, gentle neck punch, leg sweep then bit of face sitting (pay attention to nasal positioning) to finish the job (-by). Am I right? 

p.s. can the intruder please be Louise Taylor?

That's way too specific...this isn't a new thought you've had is it [emoji38]

6 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

I’d like to know what he thinks about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre

Edited by bobbydazzla

“Paul Mitchell does an jizz bukkake facial on all the people who love this club” it’s not a strong endorsement 

“I don’t remember a director ever having had such an ego”

The following image is decent:

my work here is done

but you haven’t done anything

disappears

image.png.cd33f3720840b5b134be78d7eb0c7fda.png
“This guy is a perverse narcissist in power like and acts in bad faith”

It has to be said though that this set of quotes was started after he confirmed his planned departure from them 

Edited by gbandit

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

“Paul Mitchell does an jizz bukkake facial on all the people who love this club” it’s not a strong endorsement 

“I don’t remember a director ever having had such an ego”

The following image is decent:

my work here is done

but you haven’t done anything

disappears

image.png.cd33f3720840b5b134be78d7eb0c7fda.png

Most of the replies were similar nonsense tbh, not really sure they gave much insight.

We spent a long time sifting through candidates for a DOF, I'd like to think someone at the club did their research. Although who knows at this point?

If 3 apples and 2 pears cost £2.70 and 2 apples and 5 pears cost £3.60 why the fuck were you still negotiating with Parish after he went public for the first time about Marc Guehi? 

Read from page 100. Red flags everywhere.

Overpaying because of acting last minute, not getting deals done, going for opportunity over team need, then posts about crisis meetings, the failures being seen on the pitch, feelings of all not being well at the club.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I read the Athletic article.

I want to believe the journalists have credible contacts at the club but I don’t remember them having much genuine inside info before now.

Without meaning to state the obvious, I very much doubt that they’ve managed to talk directly to Eales, Mitchell or Howe (not that they’re claiming to have done so). But those 3 have the clearest view of the ‘accident’. I’m loathe to speculate too much without direct quotes regarding specific matters from all of them. Something I doubt we’ll get.

It’s behind us now. Let’s see what remedial action is taken over the next couple of opportunities. 

Fwiw, from what little ive read about PM, his affect will only be felt once we have the significant funds raised by selling a star player and he’s reinvested it in a few project signings.

Ask him to solve this puzzle. 

The chicken is a RW

The fox is a CB

The grain is our transfer budget

The boat is PSR 

The far side of of the river is NUFC

The boat is only big enough to take 1 item at a time. How can he get all 3 across the river to NUFC?

IMG-0136.jpg

Edited by bobbydazzla

25 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’d like to know what he thinks about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre

Classic Alan Partridge.

22 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Thought he was supposed to be highly regarded :lol: ? Some of those Monaco comments and whatever blame we want to apportion to him for our calamitous window suggest otherwise, like.

The insults start from page 30, but we shouldn't read TOO MUCH in the Monaco fans' reaction. Although in France presidents/directors are more often in the media spotlight, it's still hard to judge a football director's work as the club's strategic vision was likely not dictated by him. He was brought in by dodgy mega-oligarch Rybolovlev, seemingly with the idea of making large profits on several younger talents they had. So Mitchell did well on that front at least. 

As far as his involvement with us, I feel that there has been an agreement upon his arrival (probably after Eddie's germany interview) that we should focus on the transfer targets, already identified by Eddie, JT, Nickson and A.Howe. So I wouldn't blame him yet. We'll have to judge the new structure in future windows. 

One of my worries, when Mitchell arrived was how he was linked for years with Man Utd, even before Radcliff. They seemed desperate for a good football director, he's a Manc, he was available, yet they didn't sign him.

Edited by junkhead