Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Whatever your thoughts on Ashworth - I don't particularly like him - Mitchell's comments were more a reflection on him than those he was throwing under the bus.

I find the way people are brushing it off as nothing a bit weird tbh.

I find the insistence he was throwing people under the bus even weirder.

He's far more experienced in recruitment than anyone we've had at Newcastle since the takeover.

If he says things need improving he's probably not just talking for the hell of it.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I find the insistence he was throwing people under the bus even weirder.

He's far more experienced in recruitment than anyone we've had at Newcastle since the takeover.

If he says things need improving he's probably not just talking for the hell of it.

It doesn't really take much intuition to see it. I think that's evident in the amount of people all saying the same things about him and what he's said. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It doesn't really take much intuition to see it. I think that's evident in the amount of people all saying the same things about him and what he's said. 

Picking and choosing what they want to believe.

Ignoring that both men have said communication has been good between the two, and things are good so far.

Ignoring that people that were present at the interview said it didn't come across as negative.

Instead going with Hope and Edwards narrative, which is rubbished most o of the time on here anyway.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Picking and choosing what they want to believe.

Ignoring that both men have said communication has been good between the two, and things are good so far.

Ignoring that people that were present at the interview said it didn't come across as negative.

Instead going with Hope and Edwards narrative, which is rubbished most o of the time on here anyway.

Nah that's (ironically) just a story you've come up with to dismiss it. People have drawn their conclusions from Mitchell's quotes in his interview. Everything else is window dressing 

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nah that's (ironically) just a story you've come up with to dismiss it. People have drawn their conclusions from Mitchell's quotes in his interview. Everything else is window dressing 

Ha! Of course [emoji38]

Asked about the appointment of Mitchell by BBC Radio Newcastle, Howe said: “The early signs are promising.

“So, I think he’s the right person to lead Newcastle United forward. I think he’s got a passion, I think he’ll make good decisions – a very strong decision-maker.

“So yeah, I think it all looks positive.”

Mitchell is keen to downplay any suggestion of an ongoing rift between the pair, insisting their relationship is good, and has become even stronger over the course of a testing summer. Howe suggested last week that he has been playing a more “hands-off role” with regard to transfer matters, but Mitchell has painted a different picture of the situation.

“Contrary to opinion, we speak every night more or less, and every day a minimum of once, on all different topics," he said. "I think this idea that me and Eddie haven’t spoken all the way through the transfer window is false.

"All the way right up to the last minutes, he is fully updated and involved. We speak literally an hour a night. If we aren’t able to physically communicate, we’ll use WhatsApp.

"He’ll get regular updates from me - this is happening, this looks like it’s happening, this player is going on loan. We speak one hour every evening if we can’t see each other during the day - this is what has happened today, 'This is where we are with a potential player, where we are with the current exit strategy'. For me, that is a healthy level of communication."

Maybe our transfer set up under Ashworth wasn’t that great.  However, it was non-existent before the takeover.  It will take time to implement a system and Ashworth wasn’t here long enough to address everything seeing as he had so many other things to deal with as well.

Howe after the window:

Despite accepting that this was probably the most personally “hands-off” transfer window he had experienced as a manager Howe was careful not to criticise Mitchell and the hierarchy. “My happiness against what we’re able to do in the transfer market are totally different things,” he said. “I’m enjoying my work. I’m happy.

“But it’s a challenging period, no doubt about that. I’ve said all summer that I’m not involved in negotiations for players. It probably has been my most hands-off window. The whole structure of the club is different. There are different personalities and different ways of working. But that’s not necessarily a negative.

“My job is to continue to do the best for the players we have here. There’s been some unsettled players [at Newcastle] but the closure of transfer window will bring clarity and common purpose. We’ll just have to crack on regardless and try and have a great season while learning the lessons of what’s happened.”

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ha! Of course [emoji38]

Asked about the appointment of Mitchell by BBC Radio Newcastle, Howe said: “The early signs are promising.

“So, I think he’s the right person to lead Newcastle United forward. I think he’s got a passion, I think he’ll make good decisions – a very strong decision-maker.

Mitchell is keen to downplay any suggestion of an ongoing rift between the pair, insisting their relationship is good, and has become even stronger over the course of a testing summer. Howe suggested last week that he has been playing a more “hands-off role” with regard to transfer matters, but Mitchell has painted a different picture of the situation.

“Contrary to opinion, we speak every night more or less, and every day a minimum of once, on all different topics," he said. "I think this idea that me and Eddie haven’t spoken all the way through the transfer window is false.

"All the way right up to the last minutes, he is fully updated and involved. We speak literally an hour a night. If we aren’t able to physically communicate, we’ll use WhatsApp.

"He’ll get regular updates from me - this is happening, this looks like it’s happening, this player is going on loan. We speak one hour every evening if we can’t see each other during the day - this is what has happened today, 'This is where we are with a potential player, where we are with the current exit strategy'. For me, that is a healthy level of communication."

Howes wife must be getting jealous..

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nothing wrong with his interview. He will be judged on future windows and rightly so. He states that a number of improvements was required, so I don't see the problem with that. Howe came out saying he wasn't really involved and Mitchell came out and said this wasn't the case. I don't blame Mitchell at all for coming out and saying that, as his reputation was being put on the line. As I said earlier, everyone will be judged on this coming season and the results achieved and this is again rightly so.

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Isn’t Eales and other board members supposed to be doing an interview during the international break as well?

Might have second thoughts the way some have overanalysed the Mitchell interview 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Ha! Of course [emoji38]

No, the story you've come up with is that the people who think there's a problem are ignoring all of this and picking and choosing what to believe and going with journalists' narratives.

That's not true. The reason the people who think there's an issue think that because of Mitchell’s interview and the things he said. All of the other stuff you've brought up and are posting doesn't come into it whatsoever. 

For a start you'd have to have been asleep for the last 3 years to still be taking what Eddie says at face value. He's as near to a company man/politician as you'll get in a football manager.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Isn’t Eales and other board members supposed to be doing an interview during the international break as well?

Think there’ll be something from Eales this week.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

No, the story you've come up with is that the people who think there's a problem are ignoring all of this and picking and choosing what to believe and going with journalists' narratives.

That's not true. The reason the people who think there's an issue think that because of Mitchell’s interview and the things he said. All of the other stuff you've brought up and are posting doesn't come into it whatsoever. 

For a start you'd have to have been asleep for the last 3 years to still be taking what Eddie says at face value. He's as near to a company man/politician as you'll get in a football manager.

This is ridiculous man :lol:

So Howe is lying about his relationship with Mitchell because he doesn't give accurate team info before matches.

And I presume Mitchell is lying as well about their communication and relationship being good.

Comical stuff.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is ridiculous man :lol:

So Howe is lying about his relationship with Mitchell because he doesn't give accurate team info before matches.

And I presume Mitchell is lying as well about their communication and relationship being good.

Comical stuff.

I mean the only thing that's comical is the concept of people lying being far-fetched tbh. :lol:

Again though, still irrelevant when the reason for people believing there's a problem is the things Mitchell said in his interview. I've repeated that a few times now like.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I mean the only thing that's comical is the concept of people lying being far-fetched tbh. :lol:

Again though, still irrelevant when the reason for people believing there's a problem is the things Mitchell said in his interview. I've repeated that a few times now like.

You've ignored every single positive thing he has said about Howe and decided he's lying about those things.

Meanwhile you're reading way too much into what he's said about going with the strategy in place and needing to improve the recruitment going forward.

It's unbelievable.