Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

Some really wild takes here. People seem to be taking up arms and manning the barricades to protect Howe in some imaginary war they’ve invented. Theres barely anything controversial in that interview.

Can I shock you.

I'm excited to see what Mitchell can do.

I thought large parts of Mitchell's interview were positive.

I also thought parts of Mitchell's interview were unnecessary and intended or otherwise, sounded like a self preservation exercise. 

It also sounds like Howe and Mitchell's working relationship is still developing, but will require compromise from both.

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's unbelievably simple, but I'm passed caring tbh. 

Same.

If this war is raging behind the scenes like these papers are claiming then Howe should soon leave, as he said himself he won't continue if he isn't able to work how he wants.

And so we'll see if that happens or not.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can I shock you.

I'm excited to see what Mitchell can do.

I thought large parts of Mitchell's interview were positive.

I also thought parts of Mitchell's interview were unnecessary and intended or otherwise, sounded like a self preservation exercise. 

It also sounds like Howe and Mitchell's working relationship is still developing, but will require compromise from both.

This!

I said it somewhere on here the other day, this is just going to take time. There's no need to take sides in any of this as I don't think there are different sides to take. Howe has said his relationship with Mitchell is good and positive. That's great in my eyes.

Mitchell is here basically to look after recruitment. Hard to judge him yet so once again, give it time. Let's see where we are at the end of next summer.

People looking into quotes trying to find stuff is just silly. I wish people could just drop it and we could just get on with the football and our season.

3 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Everything having to do with this club has turned into episodes of Dallas wherever you look online.

I just hope we don’t see Steve Bruce back in the dugout when it turns out his sacking was a dream …

Edited by TheBrownBottle

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

For a start you'd have to have been asleep for the last 3 years to still be taking what Eddie says at face value. He's as near to a company man/politician as you'll get in a football manager.

Not sure on that last bit, he's very honest fella, I don't think he bullshits, I belive he's as honest as he can be within the limitations of how a journalist will paraphrase anything. 

You'll see from time to time in his presser, he'll lean to his left on occasions, and ask how he should comment on certain questions, if he was such a politician/company guy, I don't believe he'd need to even check with the person on his left, it's because most of the time he's answering honestly to the best of his abilities, he's often caught out with that cheeky grin, and laughs and jokes a fair bit. This is a guy who's seen it all at Bournemouth, thrown into the role, while chaos was going on around him,somehow while nobody was getting paid, he held a group together, and miraculously drove them from extinction, to the promised land, Minus 17 is a good watch, you've probably watched it, also High Performance podcast with Eddie Howe is good.

The man is definitely not a politician.

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Not sure on that last bit, he's very honest fella, I don't think he bullshits, I belive he's as honest as he can be within the limitations of how a journalist will paraphrase anything. 

You'll see from time to time in his presser, he'll lean to his left on occasions, and ask how he should comment on certain questions, if he was such a politician/company guy, I don't believe he'd need to even check with the person on his left, it's because most of the time he's answering honestly to the best of his abilities, he's often caught out with that cheeky grin, and laughs and jokes a fair bit. This is a guy who's seen it all at Bournemouth, thrown into the role, while chaos was going on around him,somehow while nobody was getting paid, he held a group together, and miraculously drove them from extinction, to the promised land, Minus 17 is a good watch, you've probably watched it, also High Performance podcast with Eddie Howe is good.

The man is definitely not a politician.

He’s not a bullshit merchant in terms of being a bluffer, but I wouldn’t rely on an Eddie Howe press conference to hear a load of truths.  His skills at deflecting and not answering what he doesn’t want to answer are commensurate with the average politician.  I watched the High Performance podcast with him on (only ever seen that one and the Trippier - sounds like a right load of wanky self-help shite fronted by that tiresome arse off of BT), and that didn’t change my opinion.  Howe will speak about things that either will improve or at least not potentially weaken his position, but he’ll give nothing ‘real’ away.

This isn’t a criticism of Howe, mind.  I really like those qualities in him - had enough of football blusterers and chancers.  Howe’s pressers are worth watching - but he gives nowt away. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s not a bullshit merchant in terms of being a bluffer, but I wouldn’t rely on an Eddie Howe press conference to hear a load of truths.  His skills at deflecting and not answering what he doesn’t want to answer are commensurate with the average politician.  I watched the High Performance podcast with him on (only ever seen that one and the Trippier - sounds like a right load of wanky self-help shite fronted by that tiresome arse off of BT), and that didn’t change my opinion.  Howe will speak about things that either will improve or at least not potentially weaken his position, but he’ll give nothing ‘real’ away.

This isn’t a criticism of Howe, mind.  I really like those qualities in him - had enough of football blusterers and chancers.  Howe’s pressers are worth watching - but he gives nowt away. 

Yep. It's just being professional and not doing anything to cause reputational damage.

Howe understands that...

Screenshot_20240909_085900_Reddit.thumb.jpg.d623b222695a6759bcea23ab00dee42e.jpg

15 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Una Paloma Blanca

Popped in to see the latest nonsense, left with this bastarding thing stuck in my head. I hate you so much :D

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

‘When the moon shines on the cow shed, and we’re rolling in the hay’ is one of the truly great opening lines to a song [emoji38]

Up there with “light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle” for me.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Waugh's take...

Screenshot_20240909_154140_The Athletic.jpg

Seems like some wouldn't be satisfied unless Mitchell took the blame for a window he admittedly, from both Howe and himself, had no control over.

Strange really