Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

5 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

While I generally agree, managers come and go.

So do directors of football. We've already had 2 with different visions. This mitchell hasn't been in any job as long as Eddie Howe has been here

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Although I’m far from subscribing that Mitchell won’t do a good job here. Let’s be straight. EH is THE most important person at the club. Have no doubts about that.

Yeah, he has been, but for me personally, not wanting to work in this structure is a deal breaker.

I can't see any real future success without it.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm pretty confident that if it did come down to it, you and whoever else who would prefer to opt for Mitchell over Howe would be in an extreme minority. 

Well I think that minority would include PIF.

They have hired two top DOFs now and clearly want a really good one in place.

Don't think they'll keep putting up with the manager falling out with them.

I mean it was only a matter of days ago you were laughing at anyone suggesting there was any issue at all. Now, if there is an issue you're choosing Mitchell over Howe? :lol:

Genuine question, if Howe had the gravitas of Pep, Klopp, even Emery or Arteta, is that still your answer? At what point does Howe prove himself as being more important than this specific DoF?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well I think that minority would include PIF.

They have hired two top DOFs now and clearly want a really good one in place.

Don't think they'll keep putting up with the manager falling out with them.

Ashworth snaked off to Man United, that was hardly Howe's fault, and even then our signings were very good. What if Nickson became DoF and essentially moulded our scouting around the playing style that Howe and him have already established?

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I mean it was only a matter of days ago you were laughing at anyone suggesting there was any issue at all. Now, if there is an issue you're choosing Mitchell over Howe? :lol:

Genuine question, if Howe had the gravitas of Pep, Klopp, even Emery or Arteta, is that still your answer? At what point does Howe prove himself as being more important than this specific DoF?

Gravitas schmavitas. 
Stirling Moss wouldn’t have won a race if he was driving an Allegro Vanden Plas. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ashworth snaked off to Man United, that was hardly Howe's fault, and even then our signings were very good. What if Nickson became DoF and essentially moulded our scouting around the playing style that Howe and him have already established?

When Ashworth left there were reports he was being marginalised by Howe. Easy to dismiss at the time because Ashworth was a snake, but looks like that was indeed an issue that may have even influenced Ashworth's move.

After Ashworth left, there was talk of Nickson getting promoted to DOF, but it didn't happen. And so someone higher up didn't seem to want that, and opted for someone of a higher calibre.

That decision probably means they are not prioritising Howe over everyone else. It was also reported Howe wasn't consulted in the hiring of the new DOF, which seemed to get his back up, hence the interview shortly after Mitchell came in.

2 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Gravitas schmavitas. 
Stirling Moss wouldn’t have won a race if he was driving an Allegro Vanden Plas. 

Niki Lauda would be a better comparison saying as he himself was a racing engineer. 

7 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

This speculation is daft. There is fuck all backing up the rumours other than click bait posts and articles by people with an agenda. Let’s whip up some angst and distress with ersatz facts. 

Let’s not let facts get in the way of folk having a 20 page epic toe to toe debate mind [emoji38]

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

47 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Really?! So Ashworth out, then Mitchell too?

And so I presume Howe would be DOF and manager then? Or we do without a DOF?!

No thanks!

Where have I said any of that? I don’t have any trouble believing Howe can work with a DoF. Whether he can work with Mitchell we’ll have to wait and see but if it doesn’t work out I’d want Mitchell to go and not Howe. Howe has conducted himself impeccably here in every single press conference, the players love him, he’s had incredible results on the pitch, he’s improved so many players. Until Mitchell proves his worth to this club there’s nothing to suggest he’s an important piece. Fingers crossed he will be but making some ill advised comments across a couple of interviews isn’t clever stuff

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm still not certain how much of an issue there really is.

It's the international break, and hypotheticals are being discussed with every new doomsday article from 'Hope'.

IF there is an issue I'm just not really wanting a manager that doesn't seem to want to work with a DOF, again, IF Hope's speil is accurate.

It's not about backing Mitchell specifically. It's about wanting a DOF and structure that gives us a better chance of success IMO.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Where have I said any of that? I don’t have any trouble believing Howe can work with a DoF. Whether he can work with Mitchell we’ll have to wait and see but if it doesn’t work out I’d want Mitchell to go and not Howe. Howe has conducted himself impeccably here in every single press conference, the players love him, he’s had incredible results on the pitch, he’s improved so many players. Until Mitchell proves his worth to this club there’s nothing to suggest he’s an important piece. Fingers crossed he will be but making some ill advised comments across a couple of interviews isn’t clever stuff

Good job no one with an ounce of clout gives a fuck about internet witch hunts then. I mean it worked so well when the fat cuntroller sacked SBR in response to panicking fuckwits. 

Just now, KaKa said:

When Ashworth left there were reports he was being marginalised by Howe. Easy to dismiss at the time because Ashworth was a snake, but looks like that was indeed an issue that may have even influenced Ashworth's move.

After Ashworth left, there was talk of Nickson getting promoted to DOF, but it didn't happen. And so someone higher up didn't seem to want that, and opted for someone of a higher calibre.

That decision probably means they are not prioritising Howe over everyone else. It was also reported Howe wasn't consulted in the hiring of the new DOF, which seemed to get his back up, hence the interview shortly after Mitchell came in.

You now have theories about what's happening that haven't even been rumoured let alone reported? What have you done with the real KaKa? Respond with 2 lol emojis if you're in trouble. 

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll not say why but I have the opportunity to speak to Hope a few times a week if anyone wants me to ask/throw anything. 

what does he think of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre ?

Reporter: B-more Mag, there are reports you didn’t say hello to your assistant on the way to your desk this morning. What can you say about that.

B-more Mag: Well, yes. Unfortunately I was running late for a Zoom and needed to get right to it. So my regular morning greeting had to wait until after the meeting. So, I said good morning afterward, and we had a nice chat.

Headline: B-MORE MAG MUST HEAL RIFT AFTER DISMISSIVE SNUBBING OF STAFF

29 minutes ago, jack j said:

So do directors of football. We've already had 2 with different visions. This mitchell hasn't been in any job as long as Eddie Howe has been here

...and it's already been mooted in the honeymoon period that Mitchell is seen as potentially being here for a relatively short amount of time (e.g. 3 years) rather than forever and ever.

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Reporter: B-more Mag, there are reports you didn’t say hello to your assistant on the way to your desk this morning. What can you say about that.

B-more Mag: Well, yes. Unfortunately I was running late for a Zoom and needed to get right to it. So my regular morning greeting had to wait until after the meeting. So, I said good morning afterward, and we had a nice chat.

Headline: B-MORE MAG MUST HEAL RIFT AFTER DISMISSIVE SNUBBING OF STAFF

Look at me, look at me, I have an assistant. Pathetic.