Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh my God ...

Keep forgetting about this.

I bet this is what is behind all this. Might even be the FA trying to rock the boat behind the scenes as well.

I'd love to blame it on that, I just think we have some journalists who love to stir things, either because they get a kick out of it or they do it to drive clicks

The Hope headline about Howe and Mitchell not talking is so sensationalist, anyone with half a brain watching the actual press conference won't have taken his comments that way 

34 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'd love to blame it on that, I just think we have some journalists who love to stir things, either because they get a kick out of it or they do it to drive clicks

The Hope headline about Howe and Mitchell not talking is so sensationalist, anyone with half a brain watching the actual press conference won't have taken his comments that way 

Think Hope does it for clicks, Baldwards gets kicks & clicks  out of it! 

39 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Waugh is seemingly joining the team in blowing shit out of proportion with today's article, or at least the headline.. can't be bothered to read the whole thing.

I think without Amanda/Mehrdad expertly feeding first hand info to the lot, some of these guys might feel a bit bitter now. Must be a bit shit if your job is to exclusively cover NUFC and your "sources" fail to spot the FFP hole in June, the transfers, Amanda's departure, Mitchell's arrival..
The press conference room seems to have been moved away from the training ground too. I'm sure the nosy ones like Hope and Edwards hate that :lol: 

Edited by junkhead

Can't help but feel that 90% of all of this storm has managed to grow so big purely because there hasn't been any football to talk about for the last 2 weeks. There's a void and this issue has seemed to replace the important stuff because a lack of clicks and engagement isn't acceptable any longer, people need to be engaged and be furious and if there isn't an actual story yhen one will be either invented or exaggerated to fill the void. 

I'm not saying it's nothing, I'm saying it's being blown waaaaay out of proportion in order to fulfil space on SM. It's the archetypal mountain out of a molehill and it's 100% deliberate. Stop feeding it and it dies. Let them sort it out behind closed doors ffs 

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

They should have done an internal interview released via video (and, if necessary, edited).

Yep, that would be what I’d criticise Mitchell and the club for with this.  The NE football press are a pack of cunts who desperately try to make a story out of anything.  The club was daft to trust any of them. 

It’s not just Hope reporting that all is not well, all the local press pack are hinting that there’s tension behind the scenes, if Howe hasn’t spoke to Mitchell for 10 days I’m inclined to think the relationship isn’t great.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s not just Hope reporting that all is not well, all the local press pack are hinting that there’s tension behind the scenes, if Howe hasn’t spoke to Mitchell for 10 days I’m inclined to think the relationship isn’t great.

Did you watch the press conference? Howe said with a smile that he hasn’t spoken to Mitchell in 10 days but has had no need to.

It really really sounds to me like the press are circling and asking as many leading questions as possible in order to get a less than pristine answer from Eddie in order to continue their clickbait.

Hope plus a few others… absolute bellends.

I'm not sure I'd particularly want the two of them to be speaking regularly at the moment.

The transfer window has just shut, regardless what anyone thinks of our performance during the summer, the squad we have now is what we've got until January. Howe should be 100% focused on getting the best out of that squad and Mitchell should be 100% focused on getting our scouting systems up to scratch.

They can start discussing the January window (and beyond) nearer the time. 

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Honestly the press can circle and say what they want, if you read that interview with Mitchell and thought aye, all of this is a simple interview, all totally normal, I dunno what to tell you. Whether the press are responding to the interview itself or the response to it is immaterial to the view that the interview itself was fucking weird.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Did you watch the press conference? Howe said with a smile that he hasn’t spoken to Mitchell in 10 days but has had no need to.

It really really sounds to me like the press are circling and asking as many leading questions as possible in order to get a less than pristine answer from Eddie in order to continue their clickbait.

I’m not sure all the local media would revel in this, the majority want the club to do well as they’re supporters as well, was listening to Jordan Cronin earlier who seems like a normal lad and there’s definitely rumblings that things aren’t well, I think Howe acted very professionally today as he always does.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Exactly

Plus he confirmed what Mitchell said about them talking regularly but that was special circumstances due to the transfer window

I expect them to talk more regularly as we approach the January window

I'm just glad football is back, will get away from this off the pitch nonsense 

I doubt all is well tbh, based on what we witnessed during the summer, but I’m also not going to follow what the papers are saying about it. If we have a good January window then all this will be forgotten, if it’s more of the same then someone is losing their job IMO. It’s a wait and see.

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m not sure all the local media would revel in this, the majority want the club to do well as they’re supporters as well, was listening to Jordan Cronin earlier who seems like a normal lad and there’s definitely rumblings that things aren’t well, I think Howe acted very professionally today as he always does.

Cronin (fucking “Geordie Journos” YouTube channel?) is one of the worst for it.

Also I have decided that moving forward I no longer need to hear from sporting directors/performance directors/chief execs through shitty media interviews 

Just let them get on with it and update me when the new stadium is ready to go with a dedicated in house production

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Also I have decided that moving forward I no longer need to hear from sporting directors/performance directors/chief execs through shitty media interviews 

Just let them get on with it and update me when the new stadium is ready to go with a dedicated in house production

Imminent that isn’t it ?

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Imminent that isn’t it ?

Hope so, need a new show to watch 

I will be upset if they haven’t started recording this process though. The Buffalo Bills have a great little series on YouTube of their new stadium build

Edited by Jack27

I mean...I am yet to catch up on it all...but at a guess - Club representatives speak - Journos use sensationalist language to make something out of nothing - Eddie pours water on scenario - rinse and repeat...right?

Edited by Heron

2 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

On one hand I like our strongest performing Manager in decades.

On the other hand I like the proven Director of Football with a successful pedigree.

Theres only one way to decide...

harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg

Second best in PL era and ticking ever closer to best ever (top flight points per game wise). 

There is clearly some tension behind the scenes - people jostling for more power and/or control in their roles after the management upheaval. This can range from mild tension to civil war (:lol:) depending on who you believe.

Just out of interest (as I kinda zoned out over the summer), were Amanda and Mehrdad still here when Crystal Palace's DOF turned us down? And had they left before we approached Mitchell?