Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

1 hour ago, HayDen Traces said:

Ever since Mitchell came in the mood at the club has changed.

We felt together with Amanda. That togetherness seems to have gone.

Need a soft feminine element amongst all those competitive and striving 40 something men. 

Would be quite an achievement to remove every major figurehead closely associated with the astonishing revival of the club in the spirit of making improvements (Eddie, Amanda, Mehrdad, Steve Nickson, probably Bruno and Gordon to fund a total overhaul of the squad makeup). We must have a lot of faith in Eales' vision.

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Follow

Eddie Howe is the smartest man in the building at St James' Park. It is staggeringly stupid that the head coach is in a position where he has to defend himself against comments made by the club's new sporting director.

Right this sums it up all for me..

Hope wrote it in the first place, called it Civil War, stirred the shit all week and now writes this crap about Howe having to defend comments that he helped perpetuated.

The guys a whopper and cares only about his standing, clicks and has a negative vibe throughout his coverage of Newcastle.

9 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Follow

Eddie Howe is the smartest man in the building at St James' Park. It is staggeringly stupid that the head coach is in a position where he has to defend himself against comments made by the club's new sporting director.

Hope wrote it in the first place, called it Civil War, stirred the shit all week and now writes this crap about Howe having to defend comments that he helped perpetuated.

The guys a whopper and cares only about his standing, clicks and has a negative vibe throughout his coverage of Newcastle.

He probably clocked Howe’s reaction to him at the press conference and is now doing damage control. 

Martin Hardy in the Times also running with this talk of a rift.

There's nothing really new in it, except one snippet which was that apparently Howe had warned Mitchell that Palace were unlikely to sell Guehi.

If true, that puts a slightly different complexion on the saga.

It does go on to say that it is not thought Howe wants to leave, though.

If either of them even have sources inside the club they’ll be fluffing their entire story out of some non specific comment like ‘yeah Eddie wasn’t over the moon with XYZ’ or ‘Mitchel hasn’t exactly hit the ground running’.

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum, but worst case and push come to shove if there is an unworkable rift, who goes?

Instant obvious reaction is Mitchell and I think everyone is rightfully attached to Eddie, it's unthinkable he would go.

However, in the grand scheme of things sporting directors generally outlast managers and are higher in the hierarchy aren't they?

Guess it depends who PIF feel is in the wrong.

However no-one looks good if someone leaves. If it's Mitchell you basically give all the power to Howe and might as well let him pick the next DoF. I don't think that's good for the long term either. Howe leaving for England would suck too.

Hope everyone just finds a workable way through.

I think Howe goes if anyone. 

Mitchell brought in to be the main man with recruitment and lead our strategy. PIF appear to have been the ones driving that.

Would make little sense to get rid of him if that is true. Would make more sense to bring in a head coach who is happy to work in the model that we are working towards.

Ideally some form of harmony is found and both of them stay and thrive. 

37 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Follow

I hate when our fans give journalists shit for negative reports, and as a fanbase we seem to have this weird complex where we believe anything good and write anything negative off as lies.

However, with Hope on this matter I feel people have every right to call him out. The way he’s twisted Howe’s comments at the press conference into something they’re not is embarrassing. Then you get wankers like Chris Sutton jumping on it. 

49 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Follow

Hope is epitome of modern journalism and online discourse.

He tries to be as sensationalist as possible in order to stoke an emotion, normally negative, all to farm engagement and clicks to his shitty paper. There will probably be some semblance of truth in what he says, but it's spun so heavily and is so hyperbolic in nature that you just ignore it as the nonsense it is.

When I saw the press conference yesterday and then saw his report afterwards it was night and day compared to what was actually said, and how it was reported, it's beyond a joke, and Hope deserves every bit of shit that comes his way.

6 hours ago, Chinese Fans said:

Compared to Eddie Howe, Mitchell's emotional intelligence is so low. I even have reason to suspect that Mitchell and Howe cannot work closely together.

5 hours ago, Chinese Fans said:

I just have a strong feeling. In Mitchell's interview, there were differing opinions about Eddie Howe and the club system, which could be a voice of disunity. But Eddie Howe always emphasizes the unity of the club in every interview.

Eddie's interview just after Mitchell arrived, and prior to them even sitting down to fully discuss things, invited all of this speculation and drama in the first place.

It was a terrible move. And I'm sure Mitchell did not appreciate having to deal with that right off the bat, prior to having even done an interview at the club himself, or having even spoken to Howe properly.

Not very emotionally intelligent at all, actually.

Edited by KaKa

46 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The fact some of them are playing it down. while others continue to over report on it probably means that that the truth is somewhere in between.

Getting 2 for 1 clicks. The masses are easy prey. Our fans more so [emoji38]

If its a straight up choice between the two (which it shouldn't but we need the two in these roles to be rowing in the same direction) then Mitchell has to be the expendable one.

Good managers, that fit a club and command respect of the players are harder to find than a competent sporting director. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Eddie's interview just after Mitchell arrived, and prior to them even sitting down to fully discuss things, invited all of this speculation and drama in the first place.

It was a terrible move. And I'm sure Mitchell did not appreciate having to deal with that right off the bat, prior to having even done an interview at the club himself, or having even spoken to Howe properly.

Another point I want to make is that during the interview, Mitchell mentioned that he communicates with Howe every day, but Howe denied this. Additionally, Mitchell stated that he was only assisting in this transfer window, but it turned out that he was leading Marc Guehi's transfer work. I am now finding it hard to believe Mitchell's words.

Sick of hearing about this bloke to be honest. Whatever’s happening in the background his immediate future is totally in the hands of Eddie Howe and team. We only ‘move on’ from a disastrous summer window if the team keep winning and we can battle through to the next window largely unscathed. The alternative scenario is more scrutiny on the summer debacle following key injuries and/or a run of defeats. He’d be best advised to batten down his scran hatch for a while.

2 minutes ago, Chinese Fans said:

Another point I want to make is that during the interview, Mitchell mentioned that he communicates with Howe every day, but Howe denied this. Additionally, Mitchell stated that he was only assisting in this transfer window, but it turned out that he was leading Marc Guehi's transfer work. I am now finding it hard to believe Mitchell's words.

I don’t believe a word Howe says in his press conferences mind

2 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Follow

Add to that it was Hope who asked the questions yesterday in the press conference which Howe answered and "defended himself" if you want to call it that. 

Really annoyed me Hope this week. There's obviously a little disagreement behind the scenes but the way Hope has gone on is shocking really. Self-obsessed tossa!

Pretty much every single day since the transfer window closed he’s put out negative articles, each one getting progressively worse. Fully expect by the middle of the week we’ll hear that Howe and Mitchell came to blows and had to be pulled apart in the training ground canteen.

Should punt the cunt into touch and ban him from press conferences. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Howe has earned the chance to do what he pleases and say what he wants. Whether measured or not. suggesting otherwise is absolutely poor form.  

10 minutes ago, Chinese Fans said:

Howe said they spoke everyday during the transfer window, not anymore. Which is fine to him. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Howe has earned the chance to do what he pleases and say what he wants. Whether measured or not. suggesting otherwise is absolutely poor form.  

I disagree completely I'm afraid. This is how problems start.

This kind of thinking is likely what got Amanda and Mehrdad out of the club.

Everyone has their role and responsibilities to fulfil, and should carry those out, as well as respect others positions too.