Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

The Daily Fail should be banned from all grounds. Its a right wing fascist peddler of hate filled bile and anyone with 2 brain cells should wipe their ass with it.

Hope is part of that circus and until he finds new employers with a more respectful rhetoric he shouldn't be allowed near the club.

Fair or not, PM is here to stay. Up to Eddie whether it gets turned around. PIF will not be casting the blame on the guy who was still moving his boxes into his office this past transfer window when the issues are the same ones we've been whinging about for 12+ month.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Cringe, definitely not. :lol:

Guessing, probably, but if the causation isn't there, the correlation is still un-fucking-deniable 

Not really, we’ve been under par for about 12 months with various factored sighted for this. 

We clearly have structural issues which need addressing which have been locked down the road until we’ve run out of road. 

We’ve basically hit our glass ceiling and are scrambling and throughout club nobody appears to have any answers. 

ah well. We will just hire some consultants or head hunters and hope they sort it for us. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not really, we’ve been under par for about 12 months with various factored sighted for this. 

We clearly have structural issues which need addressing which have been locked down the road until we’ve run out of road. 

We’ve basically hit our glass ceiling and are scrambling and throughout club nobody appears to have any answers. 

ah well. We will just hire some consultants or head hunters and hope they sort it for us. 

:lol: Don't even know where to begin, so I'll just start at the end.

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know I'm very much veering into speculation here, but I can't help but feel like he's ruined everything. :lol:

I really don't see how he can affect performances on the pitch like.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He's been here 3 months. We've been under delivering for at least 10. Any issues we're seeing on field are not of his making. 

He will address them though. With new personnel.

We didn't regularly play like this last season like,  especially at full strength. We also overachieved considering the injuries.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I really don't see how he can affect performances on the pitch like.

Not a believer in atmosphere, poor transfer windows, car crash interviews, and media speculation, and the general feeling around a club affecting results then? 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not a believer in atmosphere, poor transfer windows, car crash interviews, and media speculation, and the general feeling around a club affecting results then? 

None of that helps, and blame is not necessarily apportioned to Mitchell on all of it either. I think once it gets to matchday and you get so many poor performances, then you can only look at the manager and the players. If I know Howe - and I haven't heard any interviews yet - he will not be looking for excuses.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

None of that helps, and blame is not necessarily apportioned to Mitchell on all of it either. I think once it gets to matchday and you get so many poor performances, then you can only look at the manager and the players. If I know Howe - and I haven't heard any interviews yet - he will not be looking for excuses.

I'd have thought having the club you support being owned by Mike Ashley for 14 years would change this opinion mind.

Howe will be at worst political about his answers, he's unlikely to give anything away that would make things worse, even if in private he believes it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

You seem to really dislike the chap based off one interview and not much else. The away performance today was no different to some of the shite that was served up last season on a weekly basis, or is that his fault too?

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd have thought having the club you support being owned by Mike Ashley for 14 years would change this opinion mind.

Howe will be at worst political about his answers, he's unlikely to give anything away that would make things worse, even if in private he believes it.

Doesn't really matter, that would be tantamount to saying Howe is only capable of managing when he is in charge of everything from who replaces Staveley, who is in charge of recruitment, and the scouting team have to be all his guys as well. Otherwise he just can't motivate the players and get them to perform. I honestly think he's not that petty or egotistical.

Directors direct, if they're criticising direction but haven't yet given their own then rightfully those who believe and statistically have done well under said previous direction will rightly question and be put out by being publicly questioned - I say this without viewing his interview mind...

Edited by Heron

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

You seem to really dislike the chap based off one interview and not much else. The away performance today was no different to some of the shite that was served up last season on a weekly basis, or is that his fault too?

I have to be honest, it really did rub me up the wrong way. Reading the Monaco forum about him played a big part as well. Totally accept that it's mainly intuition based on those two things at this stage.

Disagree about the result as well because it's not just that, it's the whole feel of the club at the moment.

Edited by Kid Icarus

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know I'm very much veering into speculation here, but I can't help but feel like he's ruined everything. :lol:

Know what you mean. I feel frustrated as this was a big season for us and Howe - one in which he was going to be judged for better or for worse - but due to the disruption at board level it feels like he's had one arm tied behind his back. Anything that happens is tainted.

I'm not gunshy about criticising him in the slightest, but I feel I want to be biased in his favour to counterbalance what I think's going to happen if he's less than perfect this season.