Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

Immense. He's seemingly a pretty strong advocate of getting good processes in place for cheap talent on the continent? Nickson may be head-over-heels. I wonder if we've changed strategy a wee bit with PSR troubles to be more value-focused.

Perhaps the timing of the Ashworth settlement wasn't PSR related?

Very good, recruitment oriented appointment. I wonder if this has any knock on effect on the roles of Nickson and (Andy) Howe.

I'm baffled though. Man Utd fans told us that no-one would want to be our sporting director because we made Ashworth honour his contractual obligations held Ashworth hostage?

Just now, Skeletor said:

I'm baffled though. Man Utd fans told us that no-one would want to be our sporting director because we made Ashworth honour his contractual obligations held Ashworth hostage?

That was always such a bizarre take. 

Posted (edited)

Red cafe know …

’A decent compensation for Ashworth and the highly rated Mitchell as the Dof. Not too bad for the Saudis.’

‘Fair play he was a lot of peoples first choice on here.’

Edited by Ronson333

12 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Anyone got any in-depth Athletic articles or similar yet on this Mitchell brother?

there's a lovely video which describes him as the transfer guru who could transform Man Utd - instead the get Dan 'centre of the wheel' Ashworth

Posted (edited)

For all the talk about us being panicked and chaotic over the PSR deadline, we're suddenly starting to look quite slick again. I wonder if things have been overplayed.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, ponsaelius said:

For all the talk about us being panicked and chaotic over the PSR deadline, we're suddenly starting to look quite slick again. I wonder if things have been overplayed.

Without a doubt. The whole financial hole thing is odd as they would have known the issue for a year prior. 

Excellent appointment. Best we could hope for, and, arguably a better fit than Ashworth.

The fact that it’s a stock photo as opposed to one at SJP / elsewhere would suggest it’s come together rather quickly.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Not suggesting people—panickers on the pages of NO—have gone have half-cocked, Shirley? 

5 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Red cafe know …

’A decent compensation for Ashworth and the highly rated Mitchell as the Dof. Not too bad for the Saudis.’

‘Fair play he was a lot of peoples first choice on here.’

Apparently they wanted Ashworth and Mitchell but the latter turned down the role, which was more recruitment focused.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Last week was panicked and chaotic.