Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

24 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Great to hear and yet somehow the best part of that video is seeing Murphy imitating the Schar celebration after the PSG goal [emoji38]

fuck me, i'd never noticed that before!

its great.

murphy has to be kept around just for the bants.

Very good interview. Hard not to be excited and confident that we have got a very good SD there. As has been said, it’s as if his role is more defined than Ashworth’s was. Would imagine he’s had some assurances made about control and spending power that he’s took the job despite being in demand. 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, but did he have any wheel analogies?

Now that you mention it, he never said a thing about spokes. Worrying.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Same as any riot, an unserviced or forgotten area that's become a powder keg, there's a few of them in the suburbs of Leeds.

Doesn't help there's huge frustration in the Muslim population about the Government stance on Palestine too.

Not excusing it of course, but rioting is the language of the unheard and all that.

Are you accusing our new sporting director of this?

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Same as any riot, an unserviced or forgotten area that's become a powder keg, there's a few of them in the suburbs of Leeds.

Doesn't help there's huge frustration in the Muslim population about the Government stance on Palestine too.

Not excusing it of course, but rioting is the language of the unheard and all that.

is it because of his lancashire roots?

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

manc.

stalybridge i think.

I grew up in that neck of the woods, have some mutual friends (I’ve never met the man). The wife knows the woman who has a kid with. 

By all accounts he’s one of the sharpest people you’re ever likely to meet when it comes to football. Heard a few choice rumours about his reasons for turning Man United down too😂

6 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I grew up in that neck of the woods, have some mutual friends (I’ve never met the man). The wife knows the woman who has a kid with. 

By all accounts he’s one of the sharpest people you’re ever likely to meet when it comes to football. Heard a few choice rumours about his reasons for turning Man United down too😂

Was/is  he a City fan? 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Was/is  he a City fan? 

By all accounts yes. 

But apparently it was previous dealings with Ratcliffe and Ineos when he was with Monaco that massively put him off. Doesn’t like the way they do things. Let’s just say the Ashley comparisons aren’t far off the mark.

Give me more interviews and content or sign some players Paul, thanks! I’m so excited and I get impatient :lol: Not a criticism in any way, I just want to see stuff and excitingly drown in content, dreams and hope. We have such great foundations to build on from. Add that top top quality piece by peace and it’s only gonna get better. Bring it on! 

11 minutes ago, andycap said:

Anyone from Monacos team worth a look at? For our right wing. 

Eliesse Ben Seghir is supposedly quite highly rated. Not seen him myself though. Probably not the profile of player we are looking at though since he’s a central attacking midfielder I think. 

On 18/07/2024 at 21:31, The College Dropout said:

Sounds like Kell Brook. A Yorkshire man I assume?

From Stalybridge, which is in Tameside (one of the ten boroughs that make up Greater Manchester). Not far from Yorkshire border, even closer to Derbyshire, but very much (rural) Manc culturally. 

42 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

This guy is far too slow at brining players in. Mehrdad, Amanda and Dan would have signed 2 or 3 players by now. The future is concerning. 

And the 3 would have sold all the deadwood for good money too

• 4 weeks later...