Oba Martins Goal Warning

Gallowgate End

Martins' goals warning

By James Pearson - 30 Dec 2006

Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins has warned Premiership defenders he is yet to reach peak form.

The former Internazionale ace has six goals in his last six league outings following a slow to start to life in England.

Martins is hoping to reel in the likes of Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo in the scoring charts, but has revealed he can get even better.

"If I can beat Cristiano Ronaldo and Drogba, that would be fun,"

"I respect other strikers but I am here on a mission. Being top scorer in my first Premiership season will be no mean feat.

"Learning the ropes was tough and the pressure really got on my nerves. But I knew the moment I relaxed and concentrated fully on my game the goals would start pouring in.

"When I hit full throttle in weeks to come, I will be devastating in front of goal."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=438336&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Martins'+goals+warning

Seems to have his confidence back.  :thup:

At 22 years old and what i have seen in the last 6 games this kid has the potential to be one of the best Strikers in the Premiership in my opinion.

can see Obafemi tearing Everton defense apart today.

Top lad.  :thup: Needs to keep on doing the business on the park though. We've had too many players in the past who are happy to provide sound bites to the media about what they are gonna do, and then not back iu up on the pitch. I hope Oba is different - he does seem to be.

Its a real wonder Inter let him go for £10m at his age.

I still wonder too :lol:

But im glad that we signed him :thup: :thup:

:lol: Thats the truth....

As I've said in countless other femi threads...I love the lad and this kinda shit just makes me love him more...bring on the goals mr. martins....

... He's falling into the Newcastle trap here isn't he though? Talking a great game!

You mean the Shola trap!

Or... the Shola, Shepherd, Souness, Dyer, Boumsong, Babayaro, Roeder etc... Trap :D

hopefully Oba can break the mould.

Because they sign big Zlatan, the transfer has worked out fantastically well for both sides - we have a scoring confident young striker and the are destroying all sorts of records in Italy. Zlatan, Crespo, Cruz are all on top form, hell even Adriano scored last week :) plus Materazzi has got like five goals aswell. They aint missing oba...yet. :D

Because they sign big Zlatan, the transfer has worked out fantastically well for both sides - we have a scoring confident young striker and the are destroying all sorts of records in Italy. Zlatan, Crespo, Cruz are all on top form, hell even Adriano scored last week :) plus Materazzi has got like five goals aswell. They aint missing oba...yet. :D

I thought Zlatan was a bit shit at the moment?

I thought Zlatan was a bit shit at the moment?

Nope he's great atm, scoring quite regulary as well :)

Guest nufc 4 life

Oba will back up what he says as he already has proven he can bang in the goals and that he has real quality you dont't get 6 goals in 6 games in the premiership if your shite he seems to be the real deal and players are their best when they are full of confidence which he obviously is otherwise he wouldnt be going to the media, he said the penalty against Reading was the moment he got his golascoring shoes back on  blueeek.gif  blueyes.gif  bluecool.gif  :lol:  :thup:  :cool:  :)

... He's falling into the Newcastle trap here isn't he though? Talking a great game!

You mean the Shola trap!

Or... the Shola, Shepherd, Souness, Dyer, Boumsong, Babayaro, Roeder etc... Trap :D

hopefully Oba can break the mould.

" PENALTY MISS NEWCASTLE, A kerfuffle at Goodison Park as Tim Howard takes exception to Emre brandishing an imaginary yellow card after Kieron Dyer is dragged down in the box. The resulting corner is possibly the worst you will ever see. Tune in to Match of the Day tonight to have a good old laugh at Obafemi Martins."

huh... :lol: