Press speculation

stozo

Why do people on this forum take press speculation for truth? I've seen multiple posts over the last few days saying "why are we trying to sign Barton?" or "Why re we paying £12m for Crouch".

Am I the only one who fins this hilarious.

Why do people on this forum take press speculation for truth? I've seen multiple posts over the last few days saying "why are we trying to sign Barton?" or "Why re we paying £12m for Crouch".

I'm not too sure people think the speculation is true, you can still comment about something that will probably not happen.

I'm not too sure people think the speculation is true, you can still comment about something that will probably not happen.

Yep, I don't think many believe anything they read in the papers but it still raises discussion as people talk about if they would be good for the team and in the case of Crouch how £12m would be stupid!

If it concerns our club then we are going to talk about it, thats the point of having a Toon forum, to talk about things that concern the club.

How much truth there are in whats printed we never know, unless the player is signed, or an official statement is made from either club or player. All we can do is wait and read what we can to try and get soem kind of insights as to the clubs transfer plans.

Unfortunately, i'm not surprised by anything to do with Newcastle and transfers anymore.

I'll take everything with a pinch of salt, because you just have to, but i'll always believe there to be a certain degree of truth in something. Simply because it's Newcastle.

Roeder said after the game he wants to get defensive players in asap, we shall see....

Roeder said the same thing last year, only to be told by his boss that he needed forwards and that was before Owen was injured in the WC so yes, we'll see.

Nowt wrong with talking about it. That's what rumours are about. It'd be a bit boring if we only talked about facts.

Nothing wrong with talking about rumours but a lot of people seem to go "£12m for Crouch? NUFC are a disgrace for offering that!" instead of "£12m for Crouch? Media bullshit!".