Lockwood Cup (10 year anniversary): 19/10/24

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, OCK said:

Nowt to do with starting a fight, just makes it easier for everyone to know you're a massive cunt.

:lol: Looking forward to meeting you. We can reminisce about when we played Wipeout together instead of you trying to act like you hate everything.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Do I need to book train tickets in advance from the airport to the centre, or is it hop on hop off?

Metro ticket at machine is around £3.60-£4.30 from the Airport for single journey which you just get as you arrive (metro is far left of departures/arrivals) and use to get through initial barrier.

Depending on your plans and arrival time you might want to get a Day Rover instead (£6) which lets you use buses metros all zones and even the Tyne & Wear Ferry all day so ideal if you travel into town to dump your stuff at hotel presumably in town then want to travel about to the coast etc and return back later that day. They might even cover first few hours until 3am approximately iirc if having a late one.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Metro ticket at machine is around £3.60-£4.30 from the Airport for single journey which you just get as you arrive (metro is far left of departures/arrivals) and use to get through initial barrier.

Depending on your plans and arrival time you might want to get a Day Rover instead (£6) which lets you use buses metros all zones and even the Tyne & Wear Ferry all day so ideal if you travel into town to dump your stuff at hotel presumably in town then want to travel about to the coast etc and return back later that day. They might even cover first few hours until 3am approximately iirc if having a late one.

Quality cheers. Day Rover it is. I land at 8am I believe, so will be needing a bus and train to get to the football if I'm able to make it. 

Staying at the hotel by the train station for handiness. Saves me falling asleep on your sofa again with pizza all over my chin.

image.jpeg.fde225f5771395dd725267caa666afb3.jpeg
just don’t catch anyone’s eye on the metro. Outside of rush hour it’s basically a free transport system for junkies and the criminally insane. 

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Quality cheers. Day Rover it is. I land at 8am I believe, so will be needing a bus and train to get to the football if I'm able to make it. 

Staying at the hotel by the train station for handiness. Saves me falling asleep on your sofa again with pizza all over my chin.

Also there's a Greggs in the airport if your hungry.  ;)

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Covers bus metro and ferry but not trains. I can pick you up from Gateshead Stadium metro stop (so just 5mins/two stops from Central Station) and take you to the pitch and back if you get stuck or I’m sure we can sort a lift elsewhere if needed. Will be taking @Unbelievableand his friend from Holland along with @JB but could squeeze one more in if needed and sit you apart [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Covers bus metro and ferry but not trains. I can pick you up from Gateshead Stadium metro stop (so just 5mins/two stops from Central Station) and take you to the pitch and back if you get stuck or I’m sure we can sort a lift elsewhere if needed. Will be taking @Unbelievableand his friend from Holland along with @JB but could squeeze one more in if needed and sit you apart [emoji38]

If it all goes smoothly I'll have some time to kill so I don't mind getting public transport. It's easyjet though, and my last four flights with them have been delayed. :lol:

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

If it all goes smoothly I'll have some time to kill so I don't mind getting public transport. It's easyjet though, and my last four flights with them have been delayed. :lol:

You should be fine being one of the first flights in the morning unless there is AtC delays.

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Hungry for goals hopefully ;)

:lol: I can barely move. I want to go to the football to see everyone, but not to play. I'll bring trainers just in case.

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

All that effort not to even play? Ridiculous. You'll be in the draw alone with everyone else. 

I'll accept as long as you wear the sequin jacket when doing said draw.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

:lol: I can barely move. I want to go to the football to see everyone, but not to play. I'll bring trainers just in case.

I think you over estimate how fit we all are. Fairly certain we'll all be fighting to go in goal.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

In that case metro from Central Station to Gateshead (1 stop) then bus from the Interchange. Either 49 at 9:20/9:40 (Stand F) or the X66 SuperShuttle 9:30/9:40 (Stand G). 

Recommend the 49 at 9:20 as drops you at the pitch and gives you time to change/warm up. The 9:40 would literally just allow for a couple of minutes before KO.

If you flight lands 8am then you should make the 8:23/38/48 metro to Central (either platform to South Hylton) with journey being 25mins. 30mins if you skip hotel/luggage drop off and stay on to Gateshead.

Would have invited you to slump at mine with Pizza again but my two spare rooms taken by the Dutch. Could sort a camp bed for lounge though like old times if you run into problems with hotel :lol:

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Would have invited you to slump at mine with Pizza again but my two spare rooms taken by the Dutch. Could sort a camp bed for lounge though like old times if you run into problems with hotel 

I'm having a very rare child free day, so I'm looking forward to a room with nobody else there. :lol: The prospect of getting a nice 6 hours of unbroken sleep is probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

Appreciate the offer and the travel info though. Cheers. :thup: